• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Shinnen

Creator 7.5 Vs Creator 8

Question

Hi,

I recently bought version 8 (for next to nothing), but am having trouble installing it (windows xp).

It just sits at a screen saying "Please wait while setup loads ..." I currently have version 7.5 installed

(my old version) but only reinstalled it when I was unable to install version 8, hoping that it might solve

the installation problem.

Any help is appreciated.

..... john

8 answers to this question

Hi,

I recently bought version 8 (for next to nothing), but am having trouble installing it (windows xp).

It just sits at a screen saying "Please wait while setup loads ..." I currently have version 7.5 installed

(my old version) but only reinstalled it when I was unable to install version 8, hoping that it might solve

Any help is appreciated.

..... john

Install version 8 on what operating system?

IMO version 8 was a festering pile of dog pooh!

Creator 2010, 2011, 2012 are much better and can be fond on the cheap.

Hi,

Any help is appreciated.

..... john

How long did you wait for the "Please wait while setup loads..." to end? I believe that EMC 8 (not worth loading) took forever to move on from that message.

You are much better off with EMC 7.5. The only thing that I remember being added in EMC 8 was an easy way to make panoramic files from pictures.

Hi DG,

It was windows xp, either SP2 or SP3. I waited for hours, and still no change.

It looks like the concensus is that version 8 isn't worth insalling. So, I won't bother any further with it.

Thanks for the help.

By the way. I also got a copy of "Easy CD and DVD buring NFR ....... originally called ...... Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"

Is anyone familiar with this software?

..... john

By the way. I also got a copy of "Easy CD and DVD buring NFR ....... originally called ...... Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"

..... john

John,

There is a forum for Easy CD & DVD Burning, here. You should pop along there and browse a little if you wish.

It is a cut-down, diced-and-sliced version of the Creator software with most of the interesting and useful bits removed.

Your version 6 is an extremely old version, and has been supplanted by versions 9, 10, and now 14.

I'd suggest you don't waste your time with it, unless you have a very old machine that needs old software to run.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi DG,

It was windows xp, either SP2 or SP3. I waited for hours, and still no change.

It looks like the concensus is that version 8 isn't worth insalling. So, I won't bother any further with it.

Thanks for the help.

..... john

Yes, it was junk. If you have 7.5, use that.