#1 edbeta

edbeta

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Video Production.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

Toast DVD version 2.1 is now available to get compatibility with Yosemite on Mac App Store.
  • tsantee and tmalone like this
PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VIDÉO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION : DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
http://www.productiondgoyette.com

#2 tmalone

tmalone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:09 AM

Hi there!

I am getting ready to purchase this product from the APP store, but want to be sure it will work. I am seeing many posts saying that computers are crashing. Here is what I have:
  • Yosemite 10.10.1
I teach Kindergarten and every year I create a slide show for my parents/students. I want them to be able to view it on their DVDs at home. I create the slide show in Iphoto and then export to a quicktime movie.

I have another MAC with iDVD on it so what I have been doing is saving that slideshow/movie to flashdrive and transferring it to the other computer so I am able to create DVDs. This is a pain!

I would like to be able to create a DVD on my current MAC and am bummed that Apple did away with iDVD!!

Bottom line....if I purchase this product and download it on to my current MAC running Yosemite, will I be able to create a DVD to view on a DVD player?

Thank you!!

#3 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hi there!

I am getting ready to purchase this product from the APP store, but want to be sure it will work. I am seeing many posts saying that computers are crashing. Here is what I have:

• Yosemite 10.10.1

I teach Kindergarten and every year I create a slide show for my parents/students. I want them to be able to view it on their DVDs at home. I create the slide show in Iphoto and then export to a quicktime movie.

I have another MAC with iDVD on it so what I have been doing is saving that slideshow/movie to flashdrive and transferring it to the other computer so I am able to create DVDs. This is a pain!

I would like to be able to create a DVD on my current MAC and am bummed that Apple did away with iDVD!!

Bottom line....if I purchase this product and download it on to my current MAC running Yosemite, will I be able to create a DVD to view on a DVD player?

Thank you!

It should work fine. it doesn't have the nice menus of iDVD. I believe iDVD still works with current Macs so you might just copy it over to your newer Mac. I expect there are tips about doing this in the iDVD forun in Apple Discussions.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users