Sign in to follow this  
elpasoTom

Video Processing Crashes Halfway Through

Question

I just purchased the VHS to DVD 3 along with new laptop just to do these projects. Installed the program , transferred VHS to laptop, but after I hit the export key to send to computer , the processing video is so slow , like 2 hrs for 20% and then it stops and says "unknown error has occurred " .... Really disappointed after all the good reviews I saw. Any suggestions ? Should re-install the program?

6 answers to this question

Tom, Please post the specs on your computer via dxdiag.exe. Follow these instructions. Post the file and not what is in the file. Don't worry the only;y personal information is what you named your computer.

I am a little confused you said both that you transferred the video to the computer and that you "hit the export to computer key". You talk about the processing being very slow. Please explain.

The capture should be a 1:1 time factor and there is no way of speeding it up.

Double check to make sure that there are no blank areas in the project you are trying to burn to a disc (if that is where the problem is" How much video in time are you trying to put on a disc. (hint - Only one hour on a single layer DVD; any more will be unwatchable)..

Ok , let me get that info. I I transferred the vhs video onto the roxio program. I want to put the video onto the desktop and modify it later. When I try to export the video onto the desktop a box comes up that says processing video.... With a time bar.... It gets to 20% processed and crashes. I just found out that the software was out of date and did a software patch that was available. Trying it again

here is file

You are really near the low end of what is needed to run this program successfully. Min spec is 1.6GHZ. It will be excruciatingly slow to do any ending and encoding. Make sure that your computer runs at peak efficiency and max power (not balanced or batttery saver) and that discs are defragged Unless it is a solid state disk, , no extra programs that you don't use, all junk files removed (TMP and TEMP) and that NOTHING else is running when you are doing the encoding - not the Internet, Not your antivirus, not games, everything! Here are some tools to help. At the site, make your own selection and then go to the direct download. Do not use the big button because that will install a downloader program that you don't need.

Laptop is brand new and bought just to do these projects. Appreciate the help. The software patch didn't help. I will try your suggestions. Thanks

Laptop is brand new and bought just to do these projects. Appreciate the help. The software patch didn't help. I will try your suggestions. Thanks

I understand that. Do you have the ability to return it and upgrade it to something better? You may be on a fixed budget so it may not be possible. You are probably doing as well as can be expected with what you have.

You may want to try Windows live Movie Maker to see if that will give you better performance with capture and editing. Burning the project to a disc will be easier with VHS2DVD though.