Sign in to follow this  
bpolits

Spanned Disks Created With Roxio Restore 1 -> Yosemite

Question

In 2005 I created backup disks for my wife's iPhoto Library using "Roxio Restore v.1". Now it's time to restore them onto the current computer, an iMac running OS 10.10. What do I need to get to do this?

Sorry if this is int the wrong forum. I couldn't find a more apt category.

Thanks in advance,

bp

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

The Roxio Restore that's saved along with the discs should do the job.

Yes that would be good but the version of "Restore" that I have is from 2005, and will not run on Intel macs. Any other ideas?

If there was no splitting of files between discs then you should be able to simply copy the files you want from the disc to your Mac using the Finder. If there is splitting then the file that was split needs to be joined with Roxio Restore. I'll send you a link to the latest version of Roxio Restore (1.0.5) via private message.

• Like 1

If there was no splitting of files between discs then you should be able to simply copy the files you want from the disc to your Mac using the Finder. If there is splitting then the file that was split needs to be joined with Roxio Restore. I'll send you a link to the latest version of Roxio Restore (1.0.5) via private message.

Thanks for the link. Indeed there are disks that are spanned. I installed Restore 12 but it says "Disc Index File not found. To restore data, please open Roxio Restore from spanned CD or DVD created with Toast." I have a Toast 7 Titanium installed on the computer. I hope there's a way around re-burning all the DVDs. Any further ideas?

Thanks,

bp

Edited by bpolits

I'm surprised the older spanned discs cannot be restored in the newer Mac OS. I don't know if there is any way to join a split file other than using Roxio Restore. Given your experience it seems that you either need to keep an older Mac around for this reason or need to use the older Mac to copy everything to a spare hard drive and start over. There may be some other option but I don't know what it is. Sorry.