Gardid

Adaptec Easy Cd Creator 4

Anyone know how to install Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 in Windows 7? Actually I am really after the Jewel Case Creator portion of this as I want to keep making the cases in the same theme that I have.

Anyone know how to install Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 in Windows 7? Actually I am really after the Jewel Case Creator portion of this as I want to keep making the cases in the same theme that I have.

Use Brendon found a way to use EZCD5 Jewel case creator in newer versions of windows as you know 4-5 won't install in Vista and above.

Would EZCD5 Jewel case work for you?

If so PM personnel message me.

post-208-0-97251300-1422822099_thumb.jpg

This is in Windows 7. Is it the sort of thing you want? :)

I'm afraid the Internet lookup for music doesn't work any more for commercial reasons [Gracenote acquired the free CDDB] but it seems fairly functional otherwise.

What theme do you usually use?

post-208-0-30169500-1422823852_thumb.jpg

Brendon

Edited by Brendon

HI Brendon,

I use the Music Note Theme and think I may have got it to work. I am going to try it in a bit to see if it works. I just wanted the Jewel Case Creator as I have hundreds I've made and wanted to keep any new ones looking the same. I had major issues installing it on Windows XP, but after playing around with it and deleting everything that I thought did not have anything to do with the Jewel Case program, got it to work on XP. It wouldn't load the titles and times, but to me it was better than not having it all. I now have Windows 7 and was able to pull it from the old Windows programs. I have a desktop icon and when I click on it I get a message that says, "Failed to update the system registry. Please try using REGEDIT." After I click okay, Jewel Case Creator opens and I get a message, "CD Guide is not available." Which is okay by me. I am going to try to make a jewel case and will let you know what happens. Thanks for the reply.

Hello Gardid,

CDanteek was getting ready to help you, but I see you got the files from your old installer or installation.

The best way to do it is, you locate the Jewel Case Creator folder in your old installation. It's at C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Shared\Jewel Case Creator

post-208-0-26534700-1422846510_thumb.jpg

You copy that folder plus the two sub-folders, [Page files and Style Files] to wherever you want it on your Windows 7 machine.

Then make a desktop shortcut to CDJewel.exe and you're set.

I haven't seen that error you mentioned about failing to update the registry, but you can prevent the CD Guide error by running JCC

and going to the preferences box Edit > Preferences and un-checking the box which loads the CD Guide.

post-208-0-71177500-1422846864_thumb.jpg

(You'll notice I edited the track and album names in the label I was doing earlier today.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brendon

but you can prevent the CD Guide error by running JCC

and going to the preferences box Edit > Preferences and un-checking the box which loads the CD Guide.

My W-7 box still displays the CD Guide box on startup even after un-checking the box which loads the CD Guide. :(

Not a big thing, thanks Brendon.

Thanks CD.

My apologies for not trying it out before I mentioned the Guide preference. The preferences still get lodged in the registry but the little guide .ocx file isn't installed, so the program complains as it starts up.

I don't have a cure for that one.

Regards,

Brendon