Seriously??

Won't Burn To Disc.

Question

I have successfully transferred video to computer, now want to burn it to DVD. I split the tape as instructed so it will span two discs. When I click 'burn', it shows that it is adjusting the tags or trim markers (can't recall what that part said). That runs 100%. But then when it says it's starting to acutally burn, it starts at 0% of 100% complete, but then never goes from there. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? Thanks

5 answers to this question

From your other post you are doing A LOT of editing, color audio etc., so it is going to process for some time before anything happens.

How Long depends on how much you have done, how long the project is and your PC power.

But generally 1:1 in time is normal.

Well, that's just it. I really didn't do any editing yet. I have still been trying to learn how to do all this. So I decided instead of downloading a bunch of videos onto the computer, THEN try to burn them, I figured I'd better try doing just the basics first. I did have to split the video as it was 1.5 hours. So I just split it where it suggested, minus a minute or two. I know it will take awhile to burn, but when I hit burn, it showed the screen that it was getting ready, but it never moved from 0% of 100%. It just stayed there, even after I walked away and came back to it. It's not that it's slow, it doesn't start!

Then it needs to be repaired...

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Rookie - I have had some issues burning too and REPAIR was not necessary. What has worked for my problems when Easy VHS to DVD hangs can be closing and restarting the application OR rebooting the computer. The same is true at times when Easy VHS to DVD claims there was a problem writing to the DVD. Though I have some guesswork going on that Easy CHS to DVD cannot handle more than four (4) videos using MENU to one DVD. I had tried brand new (blank) DVDs and had errors writing, after a few failures I restarted the APP, imported the video, and on DVDs it complained about before it wrote just fine.