Woody B

Roxio Secure Burn

Question

Normally, Roxio Secure Burn automatically opens an icon on the desktop when a disc is inserted in the computer My Roxio program stopped opening the icon automatically. I would like to learn how to restore the normal process.

6 answers to this question

Hello Woody,

What Roxio software are you running please? [Name and version number]

Which Operating System is it running under?

The trouble might be in the Burn launcher, or in your Autostart/Autoplay settings, so the closer I can get my system to yours the easier it will be to diagnose.

Regards,

Brendon

I'm using Roxio Creator 2012 RO3 (latest version) on Windows 8.1 Pro with media center. I believe the problem is in Autoplay but I don't know how to set it.

I'm using Roxio Creator 2012 RO3 (latest version) on Windows 8.1 Pro with media center. I believe the problem is in Autoplay but I don't know how to set it.

You're lucky that Creator 2012 is running at all, since it is not compatible with Windows 8.

Woody B,

First thing to do is check to see if RoxioBurnLauncher is being run at startup.

If Windows 8 still has it, run MSCONFIG. Once there, go to the Startup tab, and check for an item called Roxio Burn. Here it is in mine.

post-208-0-45198400-1424218733_thumb.jpg

You need to make sure there is an entry for RoxioBurnLauncher.exe in there, and that it is checked to run at startup.

Your command line may be different from mine if Windows 8 puts the program in a different directory.

Please check that and tell us what you find.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

i have bought the roxio creator 4 and installed the roxio burn software only. but i cant see the password protection option there.

please check the screnshot below.

also i have one question. i want to make such a video dvd where people can view or watch the video normally from the dvd. but when they will try to copy it then there will be protection of password or any other type of copy protection. so i dont want dvd read protection.i just want write protection. is it possible? if yes then how?

please help me....

screen-14.41.34%5B05.06.2016%5D.png

Woody B,

First thing to do is check to see if RoxioBurnLauncher is being run at startup.

If Windows 8 still has it, run MSCONFIG. Once there, go to the Startup tab, and check for an item called Roxio Burn. Here it is in mine.

attachicon.gifconfig.jpg

You need to make sure there is an entry for RoxioBurnLauncher.exe in there, and that it is checked to run at startup.
Your command line may be different from mine if Windows 8 puts the program in a different directory.

Please check that and tell us what you find.

Regards,
Brendon

Future - when you have a question, ask it in a new Topic rather that open one that is nearly 1 1/2 years old and not related to your question :huh:

Roxio Secure Burn is for DATA discs and encrypts the content...

But DVD Movies are Authored and will only work if they are un-encrypted!

Commercial DVD Movies do have 'copy protection'. This will defeat the vast majority of novice users.

But everyone else knows that if it can be played, it can be captured/copied -_- Not legal but it can be done.