PrincessoftheLake

Problem With Transition Times In Music Disc Creator Project.

Question

I am using Music Disc Creator in NXT2. I have imported the music files I want. I then selected the tracks where I wanted a transition gap of 5 seconds. I see the gap and the time in the project but when I play the file it seems the transition is not there. Does the transition only play once it is burned to a CD? Or, more likely, am I doing something wrong?

5 answers to this question

I just tried it in Music Disc Creator in Creator 2012, and it definitely doesn't appear to play the transition gap when you preview it. Why don't you go ahead and burn a CD and see if it works? If you have an erasable disc (R/W) then you can always erase it. If not, CD-R discs really aren't that expensive to experiment with.

Edited by d_deweywright

I just finished burning an audio CD using Music Disk Creator (C2012 Pro) and set the

duration between songs to 5 Seconds. The disk burned OK but it did not give the 5

seconds between songs. Didn't try it using NT however.

post-135-0-85614900-1424799024_thumb.jpg

Try increasing that time to much more than 5. Try 15 to 20 and time it.

or if you are just making a audio CD, use the CD creator function ands set the pregaps. Note: the first one will always be 2 .

Edited by sknis

That's exactly what I did Steve---used the options in the program to set the duration.

And I would think that using a duration of 15 or 20 Seconds would be excessive to most

users of audio cd's. But not sure what the OP thinks ?

I am using Music Disc Creator in NXT2. I have imported the music files I want. I then selected the tracks where I wanted a transition gap of 5 seconds. I see the gap and the time in the project but when I play the file it seems the transition is not there. Does the transition only play once it is burned to a CD? Or, more likely, am I doing something wrong?

Hello Princess,

I went and tried it in the NXT 2 Music Disc Creator for you, and I also experimented using the 'Play' menu.

post-208-0-70747100-1424817479_thumb.jpg

'Playing transitions' on the project gave me an idea of what the fades etc. would sound like, but didn't seem to be at all accurate on reproducing the time gaps I set. I couldn't get an accurate preview of the time gap, just the effects.

However when I burned it to disc, the gaps I'd set were all there.

If you look below, Windows Media Player shows the tracks as being 10 seconds longer on the CD because of the extra gap I added in Music Disc Creator.

I added 10 seconds, but it will work fine with your 5 second gap.

post-208-0-81983100-1424818127_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon