Headrick

Cannot Get The Program To Record. The Little Red Button Is Not Highlighted

Question

I am older and not techie. and bought the Roxio EASY VHS to DVD 3 Plus and am not having any luck understanding how this works I followed the Instruction as best I could but do not see my VHS tape to preview and the supposed help is no help at all.They said waiting for more info. and when I tried to send after waiting 2 days for responce they would not reconize my email. I am ready to take this back to the store. Would appreicate any help.

8 answers to this question

Tell us HOW you have got your VCR hooked up to the Roxio unit ( cables). describe, in detail ?.

What is the Make and Model # of your VCR?.

Edited by ogdens

Thank you for replyying. I did have the cables hooked into the wrong side of the VHS. Was able to record Videio but did not know

how long it was. It is a 28 year old vhs of my son racing & I had to keep adding min after the 1 hr .It ended up 2hrs & 6 seconds.I put it for the best quaility .Anyway iwhen I got ready to burn it ,It said it was too long for my 4.38 free space disk which said it had 120 min. on it It said space needed was 184 GB.. What did I do wrong? I'm sorry but am older & not techie @ all. Would appreciate any help.

Thank You

You did nothing wrong. The information on your DVDs is incorrect. At best quality, a 4.3GB DVD can hold only 1 hour of video, not 2. So, you'll need to split your captured video into two segments and spread it across two discs. You could select the "fit to disc" option, and it would squeeze the video down to fit the disc, but you'll compromise the quality of your video a lot. It won't look good. Better to use a second disc.

• Like 1

184GB for a 2hr video at best mpg quality cannot be right. At most it would be around 9GB.

What do you mean by "I had to keep adding min after the 1 hr"

• Like 1

Thank both of you for your help you I will try to split as you suggested , Idid not know how long the video was and all the program would do was give me a hour , when I saw that it was running longer, I kept adding minutes where it said to till the vidieo tape finished. I had no ideo it was so long. I did not want to play the vhs too much because it is so old .

Thank you both very much.

Christine

He set the Record time to 1 hour and kept bumping it up...

The EVD 3 has an excellent Split feature. Use that to set the split point an burn it to 2 DVDs.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Thank you Sir,

I will try that. You are very nice to help an old Lady. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Christine

Using the Record - Edit - Save and choosing DVD for the output, you will see the option:

post-39730-0-59348100-1425640675_thumb.jpg

Once you select that there will be choices as to Where to place the Split point.