ray12

How To Turn Features Off From Running In Background

Question

Hello. I have found no reason to go beyond Roxio 2012. I am sure someone is going to say why don't you look it up but I can't seem to find it. I am trying to make Roxio 2012 more lean because the majority of features I don't use. Rosxio runs all these features in the background by default. I have managed to shut down some features in startup and wondered where else I can shut down things that Roxio like's to run in the background. I want it to just quietly sit on a shelf doing nothing till I want it to it to do something. I have come close to just not using Roxio at all but there are somethings that I still like about it. I remember in the past, you were able to not have to install everything. My favorite version was Roxio 7.5 and I would still use it if you could. Roxio 9 comes in at second for me. I started having problems with them.

3 answers to this question

Roxio is not 'Bloatware' so there is NO real advantage in trying to track down every process that can be turned off...

If you have some you are particularly interested in, post them.

An older post, but I thought I'd add my experiences with this. I too attempted to stop these services from running. Found that it resulted in Creator crashing or not performing well. Best to just leave them.