JamesI

D Com Configuration Warning Windows 8.1

Question

Error windows 8.1 DCOM Config Warning

CLSID (6A85F4D6-DE83-4D79-B4F9-8BECB3079381) item "C\ProgramFiles\Roxio Creator NXTPro3\Label Creator\LCTaskAssistant15.exe" and title RXLTaskAssistClass has the same value AppId, but is not recorded under

\\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppId

Do you wish to record it?

Answer Yes or No

Answering yes even after changing permissions for launch and access makes no difference. Fails silently.

Windows recycles the DCOM Config Warning.

I am unable to figure what is blocking the record.

9 answers to this question

It would appear that you have Roxio Creator NXT3.

What are you doing when this error occurs? Is this during installation? Or is it installed and it's when you are trying to use some part of the Creator NXT3 suite?

We need some more details, please.

NXT Pro3 is installed and the error shows each time you open D COM Config in Windows 8.1.

Thoughts are to re install but which of the three Roxio install files do I attempt to uninstall and then re install if it is Label Creator.

Drawn a blank in trying to fix the warning within D COM.

And how does D COM config relate to Roxio Creator NXT 3? What is D COM Config?

Are you trying to do something with remote access on this computer?

Edited by d_deweywright

DCOMCNFG.EXE is a Windows Administrative tool within Component Services.

Error reported under My Computer and DCOM. Distributed Component Object Model.

DCOM is Microsoft's approach to a network-wide environment for program and data objects. DCOM comes as part of the Windows operating systems.

Why are you configuring DCOM? I see that when you're doing that, it complains about your Creator NXT3, but what are you trying to do with your DCOM configuration? That wouldn't be a "normal" thing most any of us are doing. Are you trying to configure something related to Creator? Have you tried to uninstall Creator, do whatever configuration you need then reinstall it?

Again, you haven't made it clear why we should care.

Networking? Won't work on a network. I don't think it ever has.

Edited by sknis

That's kind of where I was heading too. But there's also a possibility he's working an "unrelated" network configuration issue, and for some reason the Roxio installation is interfering. We need more details.

Sorry for the delay

Clean install Windows 8.1. No networking what so ever.

So why should we care!

Because Roxio NXT Pro 3 from a clean install has \LabelCreator\ LCTaskAssistant15.exe and title RXLTaskAssistClass with errors in DCONFIG.

Any ideas as to why from a clean installation of Windows 8.1 this Windows recycling error is present.

Edited by JamesI

Okay... so, what part of NXT 3 shows this error when you run it? I'm trying to figure at what point, when you're running Creator NXT3 do you get an error message on the screen that is preventing you from using the progam?