CJKozlowski

Roxio Creator Nxt Pro 3 Doesn't Work With Ub315-E Capture Device

Question

I upgraded from NXT Pro to NXT Pro 3 recently. With Nxt Pro, I was able to use the UB315-E capture USB devices without any problems. When I upgraded to NXT Pro 3, the video capture works fine, but the audio is horribly distorted. I tried loading a new driver for the capture device, reloaded the software, nothing worked. I am running Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine. Roxio support tells me that I can't get help until I register and get a code, I register, no code. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Could be... The UB315-e came out around 2008 the newer one with rounded sides and fixed connectors, some time later (EVD 3?) ...

post-39730-0-36201800-1426606091_thumb.jpg

In any case, my earlier device (315-e) does not work on a Win 7 PC with NXT 3. It does work on a Win 7 PC with Creator 2012...

The newer device works fine with on either machine.

Maybe some other who have both can try this???

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I too have the device like you show in the picture, it is labeled "UB315-E ver 2" on the back. I used it without issues on Windows 7 64-bit with Creator 2012. I just upgraded to Creator NXT Pro 3 and the capture device is working as you describe. The video captures fine, but the sound is just a squeaky high garble. I have the media capture settings set to the USB device for both audio and video and my system sound setting are set to the USB device for audio and video. I did contact support after I registered NXT Pro 3, and the tech just responded. All he said is that the older device I have may or may not work. Will it obviously does not work. I also have a laptop with the small business version of NXT Platinum, with Windows 8.1. I tried the device and get the same audio issue so I am assuming the device just will not work with creator versions past 2012.

No it will not. The newer one has the rounded corners, USB pigtail and Nothing on the back!

At least that applies to mine - we got ours early...

I just ordered the new one, thanks for the information. Looks like the new one will also come with some different capture software, so I will have the option of using that or the media import that is part of NXT Pro 3.

It comes with the EVD 3 software which you can look at the Forums lower down...

The only advantage I see with that...

It will Span discs when burning a DVD Movie at the click of a button! This can be an advantage ;)

It can Capture and Burn a DVD Movie at the same time - well sort of, it has to buffer alot before it burns... This is Not an advantage as it can fail as soon as you turn your back and you wasted a DVD.

I don't capture much any more my friend. But when I do, NXT 3 for me

post-39730-0-94222100-1440610728_thumb.jpg

Are you advertising Dos Equis beer now, Jim?

I thought at first it might be Australian. They can't spell "Beer" so they call theirs "XXXX". :lol:

Thanks again Jim. I do not capture too much anymore either and will still probably use the Media Import in NXT Pro 3, but I may as well play with the EVD 3 software just to see.

Are you advertising Dos Equis beer now, Jim?

I thought at first it might be Australian. They can't spell "Beer" so they call theirs "XXXX". :lol:

:lol: no I don't drink beer at all. Last outing was Korean Bang Yang beer - I think it was flammable :huh:

Thanks again Jim. I do not capture too much anymore either and will still probably use the Media Import in NXT Pro 3, but I may as well play with the EVD 3 software just to see.

Let us know how you make out ;)

no I don't drink beer at all. Last outing was Korean Bang Yang beer - I think it was flammable :huh:

Major drift... :)

Never had any bia den or Ba mui ba '33'? :unsure:

How about rice beer served chilled on ice in a sandwich baggie with a straw and a rubber band holding it all together available at your local village? :unsure:

post-97-0-87679400-1440705767_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

Major drift... :)

Never had any bia den or Ba mui ba '33'? :unsure:

How about rice beer served chilled on ice in a sandwich baggie with a straw and a rubber band holding it all together available at your local village? :unsure:

attachicon.gifapc.jpg

Went down that road while I was there. It was warm, but the Bomitty Bom was not all that bad. :)

Edited by grandpabruce

Jim,

I received the new Roxio Video Capture USB device that comes with the Easy VHS to DVD 3 Pro package. It works with the Media capture in Creator NXT Pro 3. Thanks again for your assistance.

Jim,

I received the new Roxio Video Capture USB device that comes with the Easy VHS to DVD 3 Pro package. It works with the Media capture in Creator NXT Pro 3. Thanks again for your assistance.

Grrreat!!! post-39730-0-62853600-1440780060_thumb.jpg