Question

I'm using Roxio Creator NXT2 and can't even save a slideshow as each time I try it hangs up somewhere between 80% to 95% when 'assembling production' & depending on how I get it to quit says either 'VideoWave15.exe' or 'RoxWizardLauncher' is not responding. I've researched this & tried Jim Hardin's suggestion to 'repair' the installation, but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

I'm using an HP Compaq 6710b, with Intel Core dual processor, 2.1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 22 GB free space, & Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32-bit OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

9 answers to this question

With only 22Gb of free space you will have lots of problems doing video work. Overall your system is near the low end for using Roxio

Yes the PC is a bit to the low side but that should not invoke the problems she is having...

Like to know how Big the Project is (TIME) and what "save" means?

Save can be File Save or some 'call' it save when they Export As ;)

Would also like to know which specific program within the Suite she is using? Could be VideoWave but is directly or through MyDVD

And if you start a New Project and slap in some pics, will it save?

It's not very big as I was only able to add some of the photos I wanted to it - 179 of 260. Even at that I had to do it in pieces, adding 50-60 photos at a time & saving the project after each group added - unless it hung up. By saving, I meant I was going to File\Save Project. I think it's currently at about 18 minutes. (This project is on my home computer & I'm at work now.)

I had first tried creating the slideshow from within myDVD, but after seeing a post about creating the slideshow then adding it to myDVD I also tried it as a new project that way. Regardless of which program I used, it only worked if I added about 50-60 at a time, and in every instance would hang after reaching about that same point - 180 or so photos.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I had this same problem last year with the NXT version & essentially broke it all together when I deleted temp files (as was suggested in some post I read at that time) then couldn't find my original installer CD when I was later prompted for it. I purchased NXT2 at that time & when I installed it, it showed it was uninstalling the previous version. I've never gotten it to work though. I was just trying it one last time before I trash it & go to a different product.

It's not very big as I was only able to add some of the photos I wanted to it - 179 of 260. Even at that I had to do it in pieces, adding 50-60 photos at a time & saving the project after each group added - unless it hung up. By saving, I meant I was going to File\Save Project. I think it's currently at about 18 minutes. (This project is on my home computer & I'm at work now.)

I had first tried creating the slideshow from within myDVD, but after seeing a post about creating the slideshow then adding it to myDVD I also tried it as a new project that way. Regardless of which program I used, it only worked if I added about 50-60 at a time, and in every instance would hang after reaching about that same point - 180 or so photos.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I had this same problem last year with the NXT version & essentially broke it all together when I deleted temp files (as was suggested in some post I read at that time) then couldn't find my original installer CD when I was later prompted for it. I purchased NXT2 at that time & when I installed it, it showed it was uninstalling the previous version. I've never gotten it to work though. I was just trying it one last time before I trash it & go to a different product.

It is not the program. The "Save As' should only take less than a minute even with your very slow system.

There is something wrong with your system

Edited by myguggi

myguggi,

When it hangs up, it's during the preview "assembling" process after adding some more photos - so I don't even get a chance to save it when this happens.

You seem pretty sure it's my system... Can you be more specific? Is there something in particular I should look for?

JulieB

Edited by JulieB

I've since tried installing this software on 2 other computers - first I borrowed a newer laptop with an Intel Core2 Duo U9600 @ 1.60 GHz running Win7 Ultimate SP1 32-bit, 4 GB RAM & 24 of 104 GB free disk space; then most recently on a tower with Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz & 4 GB RAM running Win7 Ent SP1 & 409 of 465 GB free disk space - and I STILL have the same problem - even after "repairing" the install on each. I'm at my wits end here... Can anyone help resolve this? Please???

As a reminder - it "hangs" at 80% after adding the last batch of photos (for a total of 260) during the "assembling production" process when trying to preview or click next to get to the last step of the slideshow assistant process where it could be saved.

Edited by JulieB

So doesn't is seem that the issue is your photos???

Aren't they the only thing that is common to all your attempts?

Let's change the pictures!

Copy
a bunch of them, 250 or so into a new folder. (we are expimening so I do not want to use your original pictures, only copies)

Under the Photo tab in NXT 2, pick Enhance Multiple Photos.

Add the photo copies into it then Select all of them and choose AutoFix - Accept.

Click OK and choose Save As. (note the location or choose a new folder)

Now we have some good photos for sure! Slap them into a new project and see what happens
;)

That was it! I had actually considered this & scrolled through the last 81 pictures in photo gallery - which worked fine... I just didn't know to try & "fix" them to find the one with the problem. While trying to "fix" all photos that process got hung up on one photo (and showed me the file name...was 208 of 261) so I made a new copy of it & replaced it in my original file then was able to create the slideshow with no issues. I don't know how one photo could randomly be corrupt but apparently it was.

THANK YOU so much for your help!