grazpa

Can I Extract Video Clips From A Dvd

Question

I had years of VHS video tapes converted to DVDs. Each DVD is one long movie. I would like to extract pieces from this long video into separate video clips. It's not very clear whether or not Creator NXT 3 can accomplish that and how easily. Please advise.

5 answers to this question

Yes but I requires all the work on your part... Nothing will do it automatically!

What is your goal after you get the clips?

You may have a problem because sometimes the people who did the original conversion may have put some copy protection on the disc (so they could sell extra copies).

I was able to duplicate the DVD so there is no copy protection. Each DVD is about 2 hours of VHS video, many clips from a dvd camcorder. I want to be able to extract pieces, such a birthday party or vacation footage, etc. Basically I want to be able to easily choose a start point, an end point, and extract that to a separate video. I understand that it will take some work on my part. The question is, will Creator NXT 3 do the job?

I was able to duplicate the DVD so there is no copy protection. Each DVD is about 2 hours of VHS video, many clips from a dvd camcorder. I want to be able to extract pieces, such a birthday party or vacation footage, etc. Basically I want to be able to easily choose a start point, an end point, and extract that to a separate video. I understand that it will take some work on my part. The question is, will Creator NXT 3 do the job?

Yes, NXT 3 will do the job.

Is that DVD a standard video DVD that you can play on a stand-alone DVD player or is it just an archive of video files?

If there are two hours of VHS video on the DVDs, the quality will not be very good. A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of best quality video, any longer the video has to be highly compressed with a loss of quality.