photoart

How To Create A Dvd That Will Only Display A Single Photo

Question

I am a photographer and I to know how to create a DVD that will display a single high resolution image when inserted into a DVD player. I photograph interiors and I want the logo of the company to display on the TV.

Thanks,

Rick

5 answers to this question

Well, "high resolution" and "DVD" don't belong in the same sentence. The output from a DVD player is standard definition, which is 720x480 (NTSC). That is part of the specification for DVD, and we (you and I) can't change that. Putting up a standard definition image, full screen, on an HD display will look pixelated and jagged. So, displaying a high resolution image from a DVD player isn't going to happen.

The best you'll get, would be from a blu-ray player, at full HD, 1920x1080, which is what I'm guessing you probably want? Can you move up to a blu-ray player?

Edited by d_deweywright

Thanks,

Unfortunately I don't have the option of the DVD player that I use. I need to use the ones that are available on site and they are all over the map. Sometimes they are hooked up by HDMI but then they are sometimes just hooked up by composite. The luck of the draw. I still need to know how to create a single image in Toast that pops up when inserted into the player

My suggestion then is to create a movie of your single image, (make it 10 or 15 minutes long) that you want, and when you create the DVD, create it as a "No Menu DVD." Most every DVD player will start the movie automatically and repeat it continually. It will be standard definition, but not much you can do if you need it to play everywhere.

You can put your photo as the menu background and choose an all-text menu style. However, the menu text will also be on the screen. Alternatively you can create a DVD slide show by dragging in your photo and choosing continuous play. That will be better quality than a video of your photo. To create a DVD slide show just drag the photo into the Toast Video window. I've never made a 1-photo slide show.

Also, many DVD players have the option to play .jpg images from a data disc.