• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 checkman

checkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

please help me. I have used photoshow many times over the years, but this time I am having issues. I got the photo show ready to be burned to a disc but when I tried, i flashed a message Error. It then told me it could not download some into from the internet because I was not connected. I did use some of their music in the photo show, so maybe that was the issue of trying to connect to the internet. However I WAS connected to the internet. So I made an archive backup disc and went to my laptop (which also has the PhotoShow program downloaded) and when I tried to burn the disc on my laptop, I got the same message......ERROR..... what gives?
I tried to call technical support and got no where.
I hope someone out there can help me.
Thanks in advance.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

Are you using the desktop version of PhotoSHow 6 or are you trying to use the on-line version? The on-line version is broken and will not be fixed. I just signed in using the desktop version and the on-line version and had no issues. Perhaps your password is a problem?

What computer and Operating System are you using? What browser?

What was the exact error you got? Was there any numbers with the error. Is your premium membership still valid?

For a test, instead of burning to a disc, burn to a video file -wmv or mpg. Does that work? If it doesn't that pretty much means that there is somethign in the PhotoShow that the program doesn;t like (did you add your music as mp3?)

Please more information if you really want help.

Edited by sknis, 25 March 2015 - 11:42 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 checkman

checkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for replying to my call for help.
I have a premium account that is good until 2016.
It is on my desktop (from a disc) PhotoShow5
My computer is a Dell XP, though I also tried it on my laptop and got the same message.

Not sure which browser it is trying to connect to the internet. I have Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer on the computer.

I only use this computer for the photoshow so it isn't full of other things.

When I start to burn the DVD it shows it is "preparing". Then after that it pops up with
"An Error Has Occured" and under it a button that says OK. (no numbers for anything that
explains what the error is) When I click OK, it takes me back to the photoshow.

When I go out of PhotoShow and come back in and click on the photoshow I want to manage it says
"PhotoShow needs to connect to the internet to download some additional are work or music files before it can display your Photoshow. I have the options to either: Cancel .....Watch without files....or to Retry. When I click Retry it just pops up again.

When I click the "Watch without files" I don't see anything different.

I use my own MP3 music and some of theirs. I thought maybe it is trying to download their music with problems, so I make a copy of the photoshow and took out all their music. But it still didn't work.

I have turned off the firewalls (which they indicated in their troubleshooting sections may be the problem and put down that photo show is to be allowed.

Not sure what else to do. Can you figure out what the issue is?

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:25 AM

PhotoShow 5?

Did you do as I suggested. That is make the PhotoShow into a video filer and don;t burn to a disc for now? What happened?

Did you get a new source for your images (new camera) or did someone give you the images to make the PhotoShow?

PhotoSHow 5 is not longer available, and has not been for several years. Why didn't you update to PhotoShow 6? I had it on one of my old computers but not on the new one. I may not be able to be of much help.

Open one of your browsers (Chrome preferred) and try to connect to the on-line version.-- here. Can you sign in? If not, then it is your computer. Something has changed and you accrss to the program is blocked. That is not a Roxio/Corel issue so you must get help from a computer friend. You must solve that first.

While you are there, download the desktop version of PhotoShow 6. Install it. Use the "on-line" tab to connect to your account. Does it connect?

Download all the PhotoSHows you have made. Others have has many of theirs lost.

Make a new PhotoShow using that version - short, a couple of low quality images and music from the program. See if it will upload. If it does, then the site is working (but not well). I believe that there is somehtign in your current PhotoShow project that is a problem.

I know that many people like PhotoShow 5 over PhotoShow 6 but it looks like both have issues. I don;tr think your co

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

#5 checkman

checkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Hi Guru,
Been down sick for a couple of days, so I couldn't get back to the computer.....I did as you suggested and download the photoshow6. Unfortunately, I had to start all over and make a new photoshow but only had 97 pictures, so after a few hours of captions and music lo and behold, it worked!!!!! Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't realize there was a newer version, guess I didn't even think of looking for it.
So then I started a larger photoshow....204 pictures. worked non-stop because want to give it to family members at Easter. Although it all looked great on the computer, when I went to burn it, it took 3 hours and only had the music on it.....no pictures showing. So I thought maybe it had to have less than 200 pictures, so I cut it to 199 pictures and tried again, no luck. I didn't do anything different. So then I made a copy and tried to use that one instead still with no luck.
Also I can't seem to put it on the internet. Maybe because I used my own music with known artists?
Thanks for your help so far and hope you can help me with these new issues. It just doesn't seem to needs to be so hard to get it to burn. Doing the photoshow is fun and easy to do.....adding captions.....adding music. Then you get right to the end and need to burn it and then it seems to be a problem. Any suggestions?

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:31 AM

There have been reports that high resolution pictures will screw up PhotoShow. Try taking several of those pictures and reducing the resolution. I hope you have a image (picture) editing program. Try again. If it works, you have at least one solution. You should be able to find a free image editor that will batch resize. I hope that you will be able to upload the original PhotoShow with the images resided.t PhotoShow.

Here is the how to for Windows (link)

In Phoro Show 6, in the third step, you can output to a video file in wmv or mpg2. See if your PhotoShow will output to a wmv file. If you need it on line, try uploading it to YouTube. You may have to remove any copyright music but the music in PhotoShow is OK to use. Also if you burn to either the wmv or mpg video file, you can put it on an inexpensive thumbdrive. Most TVs and DVD players and cable boxes will play a wmv file from a thumb drive. Check your owner's manual..

Laptop - Windows 10

#7 checkman

checkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:04 AM

no luck with the video, but I looked at the size of the photó's and they are large. It worked with the 97 picture photoshow, but it may be the quantity AND how large they are. So I opened all the pictures up in windows and it allows me to resize. I put them into the larger of the two small choices. I put them in a new photo show and without captions or music I am burning them right now. I see it is showing the pictures as it burns, while when the photos were too large, it was just a black picture as they burned. So I am thinking this is the answer. I will redo the show again, but I don't mind putting in the time to redo it if it works. :)
Thanks for all your help. If it doesn't work, I will be back. If it works, then I want to thank you now and which you all the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users