• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VBFan

VBFan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

I have Roxio NXT Pro 2 software with the Blu-Ray rendering add on. I have burned many discs and have the same problem with each. If I have a main menu that its only purpose it to go to sub menus to play video. Once a segment(chapter/section) is done it returns to the Main menu not the sub menu to play additional Chapters.

Example:
The main menu has 3 buttons to process sub menus. Main menu goes to sub menu 1 which is for a volleyball match. This Sub menu 1 contains 3 buttons that play each set of that match. Once a button is selected it plays the set selected just fine. When done though it does not go back to the sub menu to play the other 2 sets, it goes all the way back to the Main Menu making you select the sub menu again to play another set. Can Anyone tell me if they have found this to be the case, or have a solution? It's more a nuisance/pain than a real problem. I just thought that once a video was done it would stay on the menu that it started from and not return to the Main Menu forcing you to "travel" again.

Thanks for any information that can be supplied.
...Mark

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

People will remember your video.

No one will remember your cool menus...

You will end up chasing your tail and never get it to work quite right. You can set what a clip does when it reaches the end but that is not going to give you what you want, it will solve one issue and create another ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 05 April 2015 - 07:28 AM.

#3 VBFan

VBFan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

Thanks Jim, I agree. People are really happy to get the videos I do. I capture in AVCHD and burn Blu Ray because I can get a whole college season on a few discs. Though the menu travel is a nuisance, everyone is happy to have the memories of the daughters playing at the college level. Thanks for your time and reply.

...Mark

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:40 AM

I did do a Post concerning some of the editing features, Here

That may be of some use to you, BUT keep in mind that Roxio's Blu-Ray implementation is only a weak partial when it domes to menus :huh:

I used to do all my editing and bull work in Roxio then move to another software to create menus and do the burns. Main 'feature' I miss in Roxio BD menus is the 'Play All' button -_-

On the other hand, when I look at Commercial BD Movies, I hate the slow clumsy menu handling that the Java scripting produces :wacko:

That is probably why we don't all drive the same car... :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blu Ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users