Sign in to follow this  
midwest jazz

New Nxt3 Pro Is Not Reading Bluray Disc

Question

I thought when I bought this it would read/play bluray discs. I thought it had the bluray plugin needed, that is why I bought the Pro version. I have a bluray disc reader/writer also. Can someone help?

3 answers to this question

The plug in is for video editing and burning blu ray; not for watching.

The Corel player software will play home made blu rays but the last time I looked it would not play commercial blu ray discs. Sorry. The issue is the ever changing copy protection added to commercial discs. Neither Roxio nor Corel have include the player and the updates for in this Suite of programs.for the more modern blu rays.

There are some good players out there that are not too expensive and are updated for the new copy protection schemes. Google for them. Corel also has WinDVD 11 Pro whcih plays the blu ray. I don't know how often they update it.

Edited by sknis

I can't even do editing. FOr instance when I put a dvd in it gives me a list of the different parts on the dvd. I am supposed to select them from there. When I do the OK does not go from gray to black outline, so I can't select them. SO it isn't even working for the video creation. I wanted to take various concert videos and make up a compilation of various good concert video. Most of them are bluray but not all of them. Come to think of it it doesn't work for a regular dvd either. Thanks for the info on buying a software player.

When you edit video, use Edit Video- Advanced. When that opens, select 16 by 9 and you will have all the high definition options you need.

I don;t understand your last post about the different parts on the DVD?

Also , just in case, the program will not work with commercial or copy protected content.

Edited by sknis