• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gespensen

gespensen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

I purchased Toast DVD with the Bluray add-on ($19.95 + $15 for add-on) from the app store the other day and still after several tries Toast DVD will not complete a Burn to Bluray disc. Around 47% complete the Encoding GUI stopes updating. The app is still running. Selecting pause then Resume the complete jumps to 84%. Activity app shoe Toast DVD is using 2.4GB of memory and only 5.6% of cpu time. So I am really confused why this app is failing so bad. I have used Toast in the past and this has got to be the worst app they ever made. Don't waste your money.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Only a guess but it may be that Toast encountered something in the video file at that point which it can't get past, such as a dropped frame. Toast is very picky about the purity of the video file it encodes. You could try using something else to make a HD MPEG-2 file from the video and then add that to Toast. Toast should then go straight to multiplexing rather than encoding.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users