Sign in to follow this  
Hatters

Roxio Creator Nxt 3 - Installation Problem

Question

I recently purchased a copy of Roxio Creator NXT 3. I am running Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bit), which is listed on the Roxio box as one of the acceptable operating systems.

However, when I try to install Creator NXT 3, I get the message: "Error. The operating system does not meet the minimum requirements for Roxio Creator NXT. This product will not be installed." The error message then goes on to list Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Vista SP1 (32/64 bit), Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32/64 bit) and Windows 8 (32/64bit), which I assume all meet the minimum requirements.

I wonder why mine will not install, when I clearly have an operating system that is on their list.

4 answers to this question

Please reply with the dxdiag evaluation of your computer (link).

What does the install log say?

Are you the only one using the computer so you are the administrator?

Make sure that it has not defaulted to the compatibility mode (installation dialog).

What monitor are you using?

Make sure your Windows font is set to 96 dpi.

The Roxio data base of errors is not reachable now; perhaps look later.

Edited by sknis

Thank you sknis for replying to my query. Much of what you said was quite new to me, but I will attempt to address each item:

* I have attached the dxdiag file to this reply.

* I could not find an installation log. I don't think that the installation got far enough to produce an installation log.

* I am the only user of the computer, so I am the administrator.

* I don't think that "compatibility mode" came into play. I initially tried to install Creator NXT 3 when there was no other Roxio products installed. When NXT 3 would not install, I re-installed an older version (ie 2009) that I have. I then tried again to install the NXT 3 version, with exacly the same result, and the same error message.

* I am using a DELL monitor.

* The Windows font is set to 96 dpi.

DxDiag.txt

Thank you.

Let's start with a video card update - go here and let NVidia automatically search for the driver for your card. The drivers for your card are ancient by computer standards.

Read this. (Related to the above). I doubt that you'll need this at this time but maybe later.

Did you buy the program on a disc? If so follow these directions. Make sure turn off any antivirus and internet blockers but make sure you are connected to the internet.

If you bought the download version recently, you may be able to download it again. Be sure to download all the applicable files offered to you.

Perhaps someone else has some additional suggestions.

Note: If you have the program partially installed, you can download the FREE trial of REVO Uninstalled PRO and run it in the MODERATE MODE ONLY. You can search for "Creator" and it will find what has been installed on your computer. Note: Be careful and run at your own risk.

Thanks again, sknis, for taking the time to help me get my Creator NXT 3 installed.

Problem Solved!!

I had purchased the software on disc, so I followed the directions which you included in your post, copying the program files to my hard disk and running the set-up from there.

It worked perfectly!! Why didn't I think of that?

I'll put it down to experience, and move on.

Thanks again for your help.