Sign in to follow this  
Nailah

Several Error Codes When Trying To Burn

Question

ok so i keep running into these different error codes when burning a dvd.....it will allow me to burn about 2 or 3 dvd's then it will give me these error codes the next time then after i ruin one or two dvd's then it burns just fine again -_____- EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING

Error code: cannot write medium incompatible format

Error Code: Track following error

and i get all these errors at one time

somebody plz help me before i throw this macbook across the room :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Those errors are returned to your computer by your burner drive. They are usually caused by faulty discs, or less often by a faulty drive.

If the disc is seated wrongly on the drive spindle, or is slightly out-of-balance and not detected in the disc factory because of poor quality control, it will spin out-of-true. The laser unit in your drive is designed to follow the "groove" pressed in the blank disc, and if disc movement is too great it can't follow the track so you get these errors. You might find that the disc is making more noise than usual as it spins, when you receive these errors.

If you manually place the disc on the spindle, try to ensure it's properly centered before you set it going. Listen for noisier ones.

Some disc brands are noticeably worse than others. If you are using an el cheapo or unbranded disc, try a few higher quality ones to see if that fixes things.

Regards,

Brendon

I've never noticed any noise at all while burning....and i initially thought it may be the brand so i switched from Maxwell to Sony to now memorex and i have the same problem with all brands :(

any other suggestions?

Try setting the burn speed to a specific speed such as 8X rather than "Best."