11 replies to this topic

#1 High Tech Kid

High Tech Kid

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:08 AM

I just "upgraded" (such a loose term) frmo MyDVD StudioPro 6 to EMC 9 and my first project just does not work at all so any help appreciated.  Of course, the same files burn perfectly on StudioPro 6 and I would keep using Studiopro if it was compatible with Vista - but alas ...

Ok - the situation ...

I have two MPEG2 files just over a hour each.  I import both of them into EMC9 and use a TV button to display the image.  There are NO chapters, just two TV buttons with animated previews that link to each movie respectively. Simple huh ...

This displays perfectly in preview so go to burn the DVD, which works fine.

Now go to play it - and the menu will NOT display on any player (including Cineplayer) or system.  Just a blank screen.  In checking the DVD, the structure looks good and the VOB files are there and individually playable - so help ....

It seems the menu build completely messed up.

Thanks Al

PS: System information:
P4 2.54 Ghx, GeForce 6600 Video, 1 Gig Ram, 1 TeraByte Disk, XP fresh build

#2 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:03 AM

Something like this has only happened to me once. Never found the cause, but all I did was reboot the computer, relaunch MyDVD, load my project and try it again. That time it worked fine.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#3 High Tech Kid

High Tech Kid

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:23 AM

View Postggrussell, on Oct 21 2006, 06:03 AM, said:

Something like this has only happened to me once. Never found the cause, but all I did was reboot the computer, relaunch MyDVD, load my project and try it again. That time it worked fine.

Wish it was that simple - I do, I do.  I've rebooted, I've reloaded EMC9 and tried multiple project settings.  Bottom line - DVD unplayable and it's really annoying.  At least I'm using Rewritable DVDs now to see if it will ever work after producing two DVD beer Coasters

#4 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:51 AM

Have you tried burning to ISO or video folder instead of directly to disc?  I always burn to video folder so I can test the menu with a software player like CinePlayer or PowerDVD.  It if works correctly, I then use Disc Copier to burn that folder.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#5 High Tech Kid

High Tech Kid

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

View Postggrussell, on Oct 21 2006, 06:51 AM, said:

Have you tried burning to ISO or video folder instead of directly to disc?  I always burn to video folder so I can test the menu with a software player like CinePlayer or PowerDVD.  It if works correctly, I then use Disc Copier to burn that folder.

Found the cause :)

EMC9 as compared to Sonic's MediaPro writes a DVD structure that is read as protected (Welcome DRM?).  AnyDVD reports the following on the EMC9 DVD:
    Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
    Found & removed bogus title set!
    Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!

Once I disabled the security software - all was well on all my computer systems.

Cheers

#6 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

View PostHigh Tech Kid, on Oct 21 2006, 11:25 AM, said:

EMC9 as compared to Sonic's MediaPro writes a DVD structure that is read as protected (Welcome DRM?).  AnyDVD reports the following on the EMC9 DVD:

Once I disabled the security software - all was well on all my computer systems.

Cheers

Ahhhh.  Norton was the problem then?
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#7 Tom53002

Tom53002

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:01 PM

View PostHigh Tech Kid, on Oct 21 2006, 07:23 AM, said:

Wish it was that simple - I do, I do.  I've rebooted, I've reloaded EMC9 and tried multiple project settings.  Bottom line - DVD unplayable and it's really annoying.  At least I'm using Rewritable DVDs now to see if it will ever work after producing two DVD beer Coasters

I have to burn to disk as an image and then to a DVD. That is the only way I can get Easy (haha) media creator to play a DVD after burn.

#8 Jen-Art

Jen-Art

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:13 AM

View PostHigh Tech Kid, on Oct 21 2006, 08:25 AM, said:

Cheers
Hi there - I'm also having very similar problems getting a readable DVD out of EMC9. What security did you change; computer security or on the disc; or in EMC9; and how did you do it? I also have Norton, and another comment posted hinted that this could be a problem - although it doesn't explain my Sony domestic DVD player not playing ball..
Jen-Art

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,439 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

Found the cause

EMC9 as compared to Sonic's MediaPro writes a DVD structure that is read as protected (Welcome DRM?). AnyDVD reports the following on the EMC9 DVD:

Cheers

View PostJen-Art, on Nov 4 2006, 11:13 AM, said:

Hi there - I'm also having very similar problems getting a readable DVD out of EMC9. What security did you change; computer security or on the disc; or in EMC9; and how did you do it? I also have Norton, and another comment posted hinted that this could be a problem - although it doesn't explain my Sony domestic DVD player not playing ball..
Jen-Art

Jen-Art,

Any DVD is a program to strip copy protection from a bought commercial disc.
The OP, I don't think knows what he is talking about. Roxio never has wrote a copy
protection to a DVD Video disc!
Running AnyDVD has caused problems with other programs. That in it self
is probably his problem.

Grandpa Bruce, was asking the OP was it Nortons. I don't know if Bruce is aware what AnyDVD is.

Use DVDInfo Pro in EMC 9 to test the quality of the burned disc. Use quality media, I burn 8x media at 8x
and 16x media at 12x. Older systems have trouble burning DVD above 6x!

cdanteek
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#10 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:11 PM

View Postcdanteek, on Nov 4 2006, 05:49 PM, said:

Jen-Art,

Any DVD is a program to strip copy protection from a bought commercial disc.
The OP, I don't think knows what he is talking about. Roxio never has wrote a copy
protection to a DVD Video disc!
Running AnyDVD has caused problems with other programs. That in it self
is probably his problem.

Grandpa Bruce, was asking the OP was it Nortons. I don't know if Bruce is aware what AnyDVD is.

Use DVDInfo Pro in EMC 9 to test the quality of the burned disc. Use quality media, I burn 8x media at 8x
and 16x media at 12x. Older systems have trouble burning DVD above 6x!

cdanteek

Yes, I know what AnyDVD is.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,439 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:52 PM

View Postgrandpabruce, on Nov 4 2006, 09:11 PM, said:

Yes, I know what AnyDVD is.

I was actually baiting the Bear from the North on that one, and he bit!  :)

I know you, the fox that you are, was aware of AnyDVD.  :huh:

cdanteek
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#12 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:52 PM

View Postcdanteek, on Nov 4 2006, 09:52 PM, said:

I was actually baiting the Bear from the North on that one, and he bit!  :)

I know you, the fox that you are, was aware of AnyDVD.  :D
cdanteek

:huh:  :D  :D  I can say that I have not had it on any of my computers, yet.

Edited by grandpabruce, 04 November 2006 - 08:53 PM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

Main System:
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users