Sign in to follow this  
RVdave

Screen Resolution Option

Question

Since some of the EMC9 modules won't load unless the screen resolution is at least 1024 x 768, is there a script or command that could be included in a shortcut to automatically set the higher resolution? I doubt I'm the only user who uses a 800 x 600 resolution for most activities, and trying to load these modules at that resolution results in the program being shut down, and another slow reload. One less thing to remember in order to use this program would be nice. Thanks and good luck. - Dave

6 answers to this question

Since some of the EMC9 modules won't load unless the screen resolution is at least 1024 x 768, is there a script or command that could be included in a shortcut to automatically set the higher resolution? I doubt I'm the only user who uses a 800 x 600 resolution for most activities, and trying to load these modules at that resolution results in the program being shut down, and another slow reload. One less thing to remember in order to use this program would be nice. Thanks and good luck. - Dave

No, there isn't.

I have never tried this, but depending on your graphics card and its software, you might be able to create profiles that set the screen resolution (and/or other graphics settings) for each of the Roxio apps to be different from your default settings. This is generally intended to be used for games, but I don't see why it would not work for any app.

If you have an ATI card with updated catalyst drivers, the catalyst control center has such an option. I am not familiar with nVidia, but I should think they have something similar. You would need to read the help file to find out how to do this.

Edited by jeanrosenfeld

Dave,another thing to think of is that once the app starts you can change your resoulution back to 800 x 600 and use it.We've found this out in other threads.I know it's another step but if you like or need the lower resolution it is possible to use it.

Dave,another thing to think of is that once the app starts you can change your resoulution back to 800 x 600 and use it.We've found this out in other threads.I know it's another step but if you like or need the lower resolution it is possible to use it.

Jean and Terry - Thanks for the tips. I wasn't aware I could "revert" the screen resolution to my default 800 x 600 after loading PhotoSuite, but that works well. I also investigated your suggestion about creating "profiles" for the various modules, that would adjust the resolution to the required level. It turns out my Intel Centrino graphics driver does offer that capability, but they call it Schemes. So, I was able to create a 1024 x 768 Scheme for PhotoSuite. Now, I simply right-click the desktop, select the PhotoSuite Scheme on the driver pop-up, and it changes the resolution to 1024 x 768 and loads the program. When I exit the program the resolution is automatically returned to 800 x 600. Again, thanks. This IS a learning experience. - Dave