telboy22

problem logging in

Question

I have been having problems logging in to Roxio for some time. I have contacted email suppoprt who have been helpful without actually solving the problem. The original email I received said that this was a known problem and was under investigation and to login using the lost password - click on link in email - renew password - click on link to login which works OK. Support have made several suggestions, and the last email I had said that that they all could login to my account so it must be my computer or ISP. I have tried an alternative browser (Mozilla Firefox), changing various internet options with no succes; attempting to login from a friends computer using a different ISP, Firewall and antivirus was also unsuccesful. Creating a new registration was also unsuccesful. Any suggestions would be welcome :)

28 answers to this question

I'm sure it will bring a reward eventually (grin)

I was "on the outside" for a long time because of my distance from North America, however they've managed to fix that for the moment.

I've been told that more fixes are being implemented, so the folk do recognise our problems and are working to fix them for us. Hang in there, they'll win eventually.

I didn't realize till today that there were/are so many problems logging into this board, and I wondered if this might relate to the problem:

I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday updating Windows so I could install SP2. Yeah, I know but I just hadn't bothered to do it. Anyway, today was the first day I tried to log onto the forum after the update and I couldn't get in. In all the time I've been a member of this board I've NEVER had a problem logging on. Until after the upgrade to SP2(and I've never saved cookies). I didn't get the invalid password or login name that so many others have. What I got was a Login_General_Error. And when I clicked the "I forgot My Password" link, I got a Password_Recovery_General_Error. I'm sure it was just a coincidence because that's the way things happen, but it makes you wonder. Hope it's fixed.

I didn't realize till today that there were/are so many problems logging into this board, and I wondered if this might relate to the problem:

I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday updating Windows so I could install SP2. Yeah, I know but I just hadn't bothered to do it. Anyway, today was the first day I tried to log onto the forum after the update and I couldn't get in. In all the time I've been a member of this board I've NEVER had a problem logging on. Until after the upgrade to SP2(and I've never saved cookies). I didn't get the invalid password or login name that so many others have. What I got was a Login_General_Error. And when I clicked the "I forgot My Password" link, I got a Password_Recovery_General_Error. I'm sure it was just a coincidence because that's the way things happen, but it makes you wonder. Hope it's fixed.

I had the same error numerous times this morning and just kept resubmitting until it took me. Haven't logged off since then.