Roxio Community

Photo

Laptop Shuts Down When I Try To Burn A Dvd!

burning

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smedge

smedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

HI! People.

Just last Saturday I bought a new laptop and installed creator NXT3 pro. I put together a family movie consisting of around 50 mins of footage, and a couple of audio tracks. When I come to burn the dvd I click on the red burn button and it goes to the disk section then re-starts my laptop. I have managed to burn one disk in around ten attempts. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Chris Edge

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

HI! People.

Just last Saturday I bought a new laptop and installed creator NXT3 pro. I put together a family movie consisting of around 50 mins of footage, and a couple of audio tracks. When I come to burn the dvd I click on the red burn button and it goes to the disk section then re-starts my laptop. I have managed to burn one disk in around ten attempts. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Chris Edge

Don't you think that the model (full ID) of the laptop you bought would be important?

Give us the dxdiag file of the laptop (link) There is no personal information except for what you called your new laptop.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 smedge

smedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

sorry I didn't think

hope this I correct and thanks in advance for any help

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/7/2015, 18:02:01
Machine name: CHRIS
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.34
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-5010U CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8114MB RAM
Page File: 2026MB used, 14279MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode
------------
DxDiag Notes

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

Steve is out and about at the moment but I do not think he will mind my suggestion :lol:

Your Laptop looks fine at a glance so we would then think that something is corrupt either with in the Suite or in the files you are using...

A proper Repair would be in order (remember you get 10 installs but Repair does not count as an install)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Then try it again and see what happens. Most of us do not attempt to Burn a Disc directly! Instead we burn as an ISO file or a Folder set (you will see those options when you click burn).

From that under data pick either Burn Data Disc (folder set) or Burn Disc Image (iso) ;)

#5 smedge

smedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

Hi Jim
Thanks for you reply I am trying that now.

Chris

Edited by smedge, 07 May 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed :lol:

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

smedge, You didn't follow the instructions ! :( You were to get the text file from dxdiag and post that as an attachment. Please reread the instructions ! At the bottom of that text file, there are often error codes that help us look at the issue.

It would be a big help if you also posted the install log for the product. Read and follow these instructions.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users