epreisz

Easy Video Copy & Convert [Build 136B00D] Media Selector Failing - Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

Question

When I navigate to a folder with .AVI files, they aren't showing. The status reads 0 files when,in fact, windows explorer shows three files.

I purchased the product because it stated it would take in .AVI. Please advise.

7 answers to this question

Easy CD Copy & Convert is a limited version of it full retail parent and has several features crippledd, missing or disabled.

There are many "flavours" of avi files; DV avi, Divx, Xvid, etc. Not all of them are accepted by the program

What are the video properties of your avi files? Where did you get them?

It is also much better if you were to post your image file directly with your post instead of having to go to some 3rd party site.

"Easy CD Copy & Convert is a limited version of it full retail parent and has several features crippledd, missing or disabled."

Hrm...didn't see that in the marketing. Wouldn't have bought it if I had.

The AVI is the output from Fraps. http://www.fraps.com/

Just bought a different product and it's converting just fine. Would you be against me posting a link to them for people who might be having problems with your product?

Just bought a different product and it's converting just fine. Would you be against me posting a link to them for people who might be having problems with your product?

This is not Roxio support and all of us (except one person) are just users of the Roxio products. Unless the "other" product is a Corel/Roxio product, 3rd party products are not allowed to be recommended in this forum. A full Roxio product such as Roxio Creator NXT 3 will probably convert your avi file just fine. The price should have given you a clue that it is very limited compared to the full featured product. Most programs never tell you what they can't do.

Fraps creates avi video in a non-standard format which many video editors do not recognize. The are several free video conversion programs such (as Freemake) that can easily convert the video to standard video. Apparently even Windows Live Movie Maker will do the conversion.

Edited by myguggi

Just bought a different product and it's converting just fine.

If you bought your Roxio product directly from Roxio, apply immediately for a refund. They advertize a 30-day return policy, but the faster you go the better.

"This is not Roxio support and all of us (except one person) are just users of the Roxio products."

Ah, got ya.

I will seek out that 30 day return.

Thank you!