Sign in to follow this  
Deebo

Videwave Movie Creator(Dell Movie Maker)

I am using Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator 1.6.636.0 ENG. I am not successful in "Checking for Updates", even with pop-up blocker turned off. Are there any updates to this version. Based on my research, appears this is no longer a supported release. Seems you must upgrade to one of the later Creator or VideoWave products.

Guest mlpasley
I am using Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator 1.6.636.0 ENG. I am not successful in "Checking for Updates", even with pop-up blocker turned off. Are there any updates to this version. Based on my research, appears this is no longer a supported release. Seems you must upgrade to one of the later Creator or VideoWave products.

As far as I know, you're correct.

However, there is a "Drive Update for Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.3.5.10v" which will work with VideoWave to recognize newer CD and DVD burners.

If you're thinking of downloading and using Internet Explorer 7, that 'breaks' version 7 and 8 and probably breaks Movie Creator, so you might not want to do that.

If you're thinking of updating to a later version, read the program specifications carefully. They work well with current computers, but might not work on your computer.

It's still a good program and frankly, while the newer programs are much more complex, they also take a lot longer to learn to use than Movie Creator. I use Movie Creator and Version 7. Version 9 takes more resources than my current computer has available.

There is one update available from Dell. Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator, v.1.6.636-1.6.676 patch, A02

I have never been able to use the "Checking for Updates" option.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&a...tag=&~srd=f

Guest ml
There is one update available from Dell. Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator, v.1.6.636-1.6.676 patch, A02

I have never been able to use the "Checking for Updates" option.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&a...tag=&~srd=f

Any updates come from Dell is it's their version of VideoWave Movie Creator. I tend not to update software unless I'm having a problem or there is a feature that I need.

Also, don't update to Internet Explorer 7 because it breaks Movie Creator.