• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 murcam49

murcam49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

I've cut a portion of old digitized home movies in Video Wave. Problem is, it saves it in a .dmsm format. How do I convert that to another usable format like mp4? I did it once before but it was a long while ago and my memory is short.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,396 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

A dmsm file is a VideoWave project file, you must open it in video Wave and OUTPUT to the format you want.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,526 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:53 AM

If I can add to that, in many Suites when you click "Save" you are only saving a set of 'notes' that are unique to that specific Software and the Project you are working on...

You have to Export As in order to have a meaningful video file, which is what Steve is saying -_-

The advantage of the DMSM, DMSD and other files is that you can use the same clips in multiple projects without altering the contents of the original clip ;)

#4 murcam49

murcam49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for your answers. I remembered how I did it last time, through the menu selection OUTPUT. Duh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users