Sign in to follow this  
OhLoris

My Gamecap Just Never Worked

Question

Hi everybody !

First, my apologies for my english, I'm French!

I bought a Roxio GameCap HD Pro two years ago, thinking about capturing xbox360 games. At the same time I bought a RCA capture. When I had trouble with making the GameCap work, I just gave up and used my other option even if it wasn't HD. But now I think that it's pretty a mess to have paid so much for a thing I've never used !

I'd like to make it work. Plus I've god a Wii U and I wonder if it can work on it since it has a HDMI port.

I've installed the software, entered my serial number, all connected together, but my pc never recognise a single signal !!!

I've tried (for my xbox360) both HDMI and RGB cables, and on two differents computers. I tried changing the setup of the xbox360 but nothing ever changed.

I think that it may just be my component on my GameCap which doesn't work, but I wouldn't be able to do anything since I imagine two years is too long to use the waranty. Plus, it's strange since the pink LED on the Roxio logo lights up when I connect it, like if it works well...

Does anybody have encountered the same problems ? Or tried with a Wii U ? Some advices so I can finally enjoy my product ?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

13 answers to this question

It only takes a little voltage to light an LED - hence a pink light only indicates that your USB cord is supplying power and NOTHING MORE!

Open your Device Manager. It should look like this:

RGC Not Plugged in:

post-39730-0-42568300-1431866637_thumb.jpg

RGC Plugged in:

post-39730-0-30969600-1431866560_thumb.jpg

NEVER like this!

post-39730-0-49963500-1431866447_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Ok thank you, I plug it right now to see what happens (without RGC) and it looks like your first pic so maybe there's an hope, I'll try with HDMI tomorrow.

And what about the Wii U ? Should I try or it won't work in any ways?

"should work" ~ you have HDMI Output with the WII-U and assuming it does not add HDCP Code, it will work ;)

Hello there, I had to move into a new home so I forgot all of this, but now I tried again with the HDMI plugged in and it turns that I got neither Transcoder or Roxio Gamecap in my device manager... So my pc just don't get any signal ? That's why I can't get a source from the software ?

Is there a hope that it comes from the cable between the Gamecap and the pc ? I think I can get another one...

Hello there, I had to move into a new home so I forgot all of this, but now I tried again with the HDMI plugged in and it turns that I got neither Transcoder or Roxio Gamecap in my device manager... So my pc just don't get any signal ? That's why I can't get a source from the software ?

Is there a hope that it comes from the cable between the Gamecap and the pc ? I think I can get another one...

No that is not even possible unless your USB Port does not work!

I think we are going to need to see a a screen cap or two of your Devcie Manager as well as your RGC Software with everything connected. Posting info is HERE

Include a picture of hookup from your console too ;)

Thank you for still being here after these months !

Here is what I understood you wanted, if there is something that I missed please tell me.

I hope the french screen for the devices won't bother you.

post-126029-0-77032800-1436391689_thumb.jpg

post-126029-0-65301800-1436391695_thumb.jpg

post-126029-0-08606500-1436391703_thumb.jpg

post-126029-0-73939700-1436391712_thumb.jpg

post-126029-0-08145600-1436391715_thumb.jpg

The screen caps helped. I wish the Device Manager had included Contrôleurs audio, vidéo et jeu (Sound, video and game controllers) for that is where the drivers live -_-

Your RGC Capture screen indicates a green Aucun signal (No Signal). This is an indication that the RGC Device itself IS NOT being seen by the Computer or the drivers are not installed correctly!

Yes it is not recognized by the computer for sure since my pc doesn't make any sound when I plug or unplug the usb cable from the RGC.

But did the installation from the CD so I don't know how I can do better for the drivers...

Maybe the computer don't see the RGC only because the cable isnt ok ?

Well finding the reason is the fun you get to explore :lol:

Do a proper repair to get the drivers installed:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Never rely on Windows Sounds to confirm anything! That is just false hope.

Okay I will try that, but this is strange because when I bought it two years ago I installed it on another computer and it didn't work either, so I doubt the problem is in the installation :/

That is usually where it is... Including Beta Testing I have likely installed the RGC 15 times on various PCs and never had an issue. I have had it go corrupt over time but it always works after following those instructions ;)