• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Cobrav

Unable To Capture Audio From Soundcard

Question

I purchased EMC8 some years ago but only recently installed it when I got a laptop. When I try to capture audio the only option I have under "capture from" is microphone. I can save as WAV, WMA or MP3. I have no selections available under "inputs". According to multiple things I have read on-line I should be able to get input from the soundcard. I have a Dell Inspiron with a dual-core Pentiium and according to Control Panel, the soundcard is Microsoft. The laptop is running Windows 7 Professional. I had no problems when installing the software.

I get the same problem using either Easy Audio Capture an RecordNow - Audio. I checked online for program updates with no luck. Previously I was using Adaptec easy CD creator which doesn't have a capture feature so my knowledge is limited. I tried recording using the microphone input but, while the captured file saved had some size, when I played it back there was no sound. I opened the file using Sound Editor and it was just a flat line. This may be a separate problem.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Chuck

7 answers to this question

EMC8 is not compatible with Windows 7.. That is, it won't work ro will work for a shot time and never work again.

Well, ya' win some, ya' lose some. When I bought it, Windows XP had just been released. I'll uninstall it and look for a replacement.

Chuck

Well, ya' win some, ya' lose some. When I bought it, Windows XP had just been released. I'll uninstall it and look for a replacement.

Chuck

Windows XP came out in 2001. EMC 8 was released in 2005. Windows XP is the last OS that EMC 8 was/is compatible with.

Thanks for the information, grandpabruce. The sales receipt for EMC8 was in with the CDs and it shows 2006. I think I got the computer about a year of so earlier and it came with XP installed.

I'm now looking at RecordNow Music Lab 10. I'm not sure if I'm compliant, though. It looks like I meet the system requirements with the exception that I use Firefox instead of IE and my soundcard is built-in (laptop). I will have to use the mic input rather than an input jack on the back of the soundcard. Do you forsee any problems. For the price, I may just download it and take a chance.

Chuck

Thanks for the information, grandpabruce. The sales receipt for EMC8 was in with the CDs and it shows 2006. I think I got the computer about a year of so earlier and it came with XP installed.

I'm now looking at RecordNow Music Lab 10. I'm not sure if I'm compliant, though. It looks like I meet the system requirements with the exception that I use Firefox instead of IE and my soundcard is built-in (laptop). I will have to use the mic input rather than an input jack on the back of the soundcard. Do you forsee any problems. For the price, I may just download it and take a chance.

Chuck

It supposedly does work, according to Roxio.

http://corel.force.com/roxio/articles/en_US/Master_Article/Windows-7-Support-and-Compatibility-with-Roxio-products?applicationSubCategory=Creator&keyWords=Compatibility+with+Windows+7&lang=en_US&productSubCategory=Creator+2012+Pro&productTopCategory=Roxio_Products&sb=new&topicCategory=NoFilter&source=kba

I just downloaded it and installed it. I went through the settings and it seems to be working just like I want. This looks like it's going to do the job for me. Thanks for your help.