Volt61

Unable To Create Chapter Menu Despite Defining Chapters

Question

I can create chapters but there is no option to create the chapter menu. I understand this is supposed to be an automatic function that is the default, but it doesn't appear in my version of the software. I have attached an image of my DVD project with the "Project View" in the "Menus" tab, indicating there is no menu. I have also attached a second image of the same project in the "Movies" tab, under the "Edit Chapters" function, that shows a number of chapters that have been created. How do I create the chapter menu? Please advise.

post-126215-0-11777900-1432517731_thumb.jpg

post-126215-0-53315900-1432517732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Volt61

9 answers to this question

I can create chapters but there is no option to create the chapter menu. I understand this is supposed to be an automatic function that is the default, but it doesn't appear in my version of the software. I have attached an image of my DVD project with the "Project View" in the "Menus" tab, indicating there is no menu. I have also attached a second image of the same project in the "Movies" tab, under the "Edit Chapters" function, that shows a number of chapters that have been created. How do I create the chapter menu? Please advise.

post-126215-0-63737200-1432517530_thumb.jpg

post-126215-0-50208100-1432517532_thumb.jpg

Your images do not show a Main menu which you need in order to create a "visible" chapter menu.

You must have checked the "Ëxclude disc menu...." option when you launched myDVD.

I didn't check that option to the best of my awareness. Am I able to reload the labor-intensive project I've already divided into chapters as a new project and have the menu load properly? BTW - I created my DVD project from and MP4 file. I am a newby at this, but I had earlier created a project that worked just fine with the help of a mentor who I no longer have contact with, so any assistance will be most appreciated.

Edited by Volt61

Walt I hope you will answer my latest updated response to your reply.

Also, are you available for tutoring? I would just need a couple questions answered and I'm quite willing to pay for the help. If you are unable to help, where can I find someone? I'm puzzled by the complete lack of user manual or tutorial information beyond the vaguest promotional material.

Is there a way to create a chapter menu if chapters are properly divided but no menu is set up? Can I go back and delete or make changes to allow for the menu to be created? post-126215-0-60909600-1432737559_thumb.jpgpost-126215-0-04054300-1432737561_thumb.jpgPlease see attached.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Your screenshot shows that you do have a menu "Caring for You Dog- final edit" Is that the menu or the entre project you are working on?

Then you show a screenshot of detecting a chapter but it is not clear what you are detecting the chapters on (what movie- Volume 2?".

Remember that the "Menu" is sort of like the cover of the book; "Chapters" are like chapters in that book, "Scenes" are like bookmarks in that chapter. Other programs call them by different names if you have used other video editing programs.

What are you using to capture the screenshot; we should see something the black areas'.

By the way, fir to disc is the worst possible selection for making a disc.

Volt61,

since you originally opted to create a project with a Main menu, there is no way to now add a main menu. You will have to restart a new project and maske sure you have not excluded the Menu from the project

Are there any experts I can personally hire to assist me? I'm a bit stumped by the lack of help in the actual software (mine anyway). I did NOT opt to have "no chapters" created when I first created my project.

Furthermore, I initially put in a request for help with the tech support team over a week ago. I got a response from someone named Froilan, who directed me to delete my software and re-install. Now my computer is unable to reload the Content aspect of the program and I am not receiving any further responses from "Froilan". This is one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with Tech Support.

PLEASE ADVISE WHERE I CAN RECEIVE MORE PERSONALIZED HELP.

You can get it here - although none of us work for Roxio but we do try.

MOST of the problem is that you do not answer any questions put to you :huh:

Walt nailed part of your problem in Post #3. You created a "DVD, No Menu", project and as a result you can't have Chapter Menus :huh:

You can talk around that until the cows come home but nothing will change the fact that you have to start a New Project and select DVD.

Steve then asked you several questions in Post #7 and you have not answered any of them...

We are just fellow users and don't work for Roxio so we are not obligated to provide any answers if you choose to ignore answers and questions -_-