Robbob

Capturing A Desktop Pc With Roxio Hd

Question

I am interested in capturing gameplay on my pc with a capture card rather than software like Fraps or Bandicam. The reason being is that Fraps and Bandicam tend to break if there is a resolution change, or alt+tabbing occurs. Theoretically, a capture card should just capture what happens on a monitor despite what happens on said monitor. My setup is a desktop with a GTX 780 going out to two monitors. I have a Roxio HD capture card hooked up to my primary monitor while I display the capture software on the second monitor. I ran a couple tests, and both failed miserably. In the tests, I started capturing while I was still on the desktop, and then booted a game before playing for a bit, and then exiting back to the desktop. The entire time, the capture software said it was capturing without a hitch. The video files were only one second long despite the fact that I had captured around 5 to 10 minutes of footage. Also, when running some games, the games were letterboxed, or just completely pushed halfway off the monitor. I've seen other people successfully use capture cards, like the Elgato, on their desktop computers, so I know there is a way to do this. A Roxio HD might not be the best capture card for this setup, but any support would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

It has been a bit hit or miss :unsure:

Roxio uses Hot Keys to start and start Capture and Streaming. If those Hot Keys are ones you use in your game play... Well now you know why that can fail -_-

You can set them to your liking under Options!

Short Captures are typically when the software is corrupt and requires a proper repair!

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Let us know how you make out ;)