• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DncngSpirit

DncngSpirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

I am having a problem trying to get my music from my cassette. I hooked it up to my stereo the way the diagram says. It worked and copied 2 songs onto the computer. Then when I went back to start again, there were no levels of sound like there was in the first 2 songs, the green levels didn't move back and forth. I have tried everything to try & get the music onto my computer. I don't know why the sound levels are not moving when they were before?? I even tried the different inputs from microphone to the Line In.  It was on Line In when it worked the first time, but now it won't. Gosh, I am at a loss.

I had a problem with the computer freezing, so I had to look that up to fix it. And it had to do with Enabling Protected Mode. Had to restart, then computer wasn't freezing but now I can't get my music to record onto my computer. I even went and Disabled the Protected Mode, but still not working. Please Help!! I have been at this all day!!

Forgot to tell you, I have Windows 8.1 and IE 11

I don't know how to add the dxdiag file in here, or do I need to?

Edited by DncngSpirit, 13 June 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,396 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:32 AM

Yes,   you should add the dxdiag file.  Follow these instructions (link).

Did you double check the connections to make sure they are correct and well seated?

Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom of your computer display and make sure your speakers are enabled and are the default playback device.  Go to the program and look at the options.  Keep trying them until one shows activity when the cassette is playing.

Attached File  audio.png   116.34KB   0 downloads

Edited by sknis, 14 June 2015 - 05:36 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 DncngSpirit

DncngSpirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

Here is the DxDiag.txt file. I am hoping that is the right one?Attached File  DxDiag.txt   73.85KB   6 downloads

#4 DncngSpirit

DncngSpirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

Digital Guru. Yes I checked all the connections to see if they are well-seated.  And the only inputs on here are the Microphone and the Stereo Mix.

I even did a system restore, still not working. There is no movement of the bar. The capturing is in Red, saying it is recording. I am at a total loss as to how to get it to work now. So I hope you can help me?? I sure would appreciate that. Thanks

Default is on Speakers

Edited by DncngSpirit, 18 June 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,396 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

If you are getting the information that it is recording then it may be possible that it is.

There are some audio cards/chips that do NOT allow you to hear what you are recording.  What you may have to do is run a jumper from the out on the card to the speakers in on the card.  

Did you notice that there were a lot of Windows faults listed at the bottom of the dxdiag file?   It may indicate that you have a Windows communication error (like this MoAppHang)    You'll need to talk to Microsoft to fix this before you can get this to work.

• DncngSpirit likes this

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

#6 DncngSpirit

DncngSpirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:49 PM

What it does record, I can't hear. And no I didn't notice the Windows faults. And besides I wouldn't know what they meant. :) Going to click on the link you posted (moAppiHang) And hopefully this can get fixed.

Thanks will try what I can.

#7 DncngSpirit

DncngSpirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

If you are getting the information that it is recording then it may be possible that it is.

There are some audio cards/chips that do NOT allow you to hear what you are recording.  What you may have to do is run a jumper from the out on the card to the speakers in on the card.  

Did you notice that there were a lot of Windows faults listed at the bottom of the dxdiag file?   It may indicate that you have a Windows communication error (like this MoAppHang)    You'll need to talk to Microsoft to fix this before you can get this to work.

I don't know what you mean to *run a jumper from the out on the card to the speakers in on the card* ??? And yes I did the MoAppHang thing and there was an error on it. But I don't know how to do the rest. :(

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,396 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:15 AM

It is a Windows error and other than looking for a solution on-line, you should contact Microsoft for a solution.   You can try Toshiba for a fix but in the past they have not been very accommodating     Most general type refresh/restore options will wipe out most of the programs and data you have put on the computer..

It doesn't matter about the jumper unless you get Windows fixed.

Perhaps someone else has an idea that will be less challenging than the above.

Laptop - Windows 10

#9 DncngSpirit

DncngSpirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

When I checked the system files, this is what it posted.

Issues found- Incompatible Program Detected. Fix program RoxioCentralFx So now I don't know how to fix the incompatibility issue since I ran the Compatibility under my Tools and Compatibility View Settings. I still am in the dark and I am not much into troubleshooting and where to go. Sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users