musicmonster

Videowave Stopped Working

Question

When using RoxioMyDVD in Creator NXT Pro 3 every time I try to add a new movie to the menu to burn to Bluray disc I get the error 'VideoWave Stopped Working' and the application closes. Has anyone encountered this problem or has a possible solution. I did not get this problem when using Creator NXT Pro 2.

8 answers to this question

It broke and you need to repair it ;)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Hi Jim,

Tried what you suggested .... disabled everything then ran repair on the Roxio Installation Disc but it made no difference.

Every time I try to add a new movie to burn to blu-ray I still get the same error message 'Videowave Stopped Working' and the application closes.

Getting really disillusioned with Roxio products.

In desperation tried uninstalling Creator NXT Pro3 and reinstalling Roxio Creator NXT 2 with the Blu-ray HD Plugin which previously worked ok.

Guess what it no longer works ..... says CPS CommonTools15.dll is missing, try reinstalling to solve problem.

I've decided Roxio products are just not worth bothering with.... they are a total waste of time and money. Not to mention their appalling aftermarket support.

Think I'll write it off as a bad experience and find a decent alternative.

That is your option... I have been using them since Creator 3 with pretty smooth sailing. Wish I could say the for some of the software I have used that costs ten to 20 thousand :lol:

It looks more like there is an issue with the file you are trying to add but if your not interested in pursuing this, there little point in continuing to troubleshoot with you :(

This is kind of a wild guess, but make sure your Java installation is up-to-date. You'll find the Java control panel available in your Control Panel under, (surprise) Java. I'm quite sure the file listing functions they have are built using Java, and in the past, I've had it respond very slowly, though usually if I'd let it sit awhile, it's (finally) gone on and been fine. (I haven't had any issues recently.)

Jim,

Sorry didn't mean to be unappreciative, just getting totally frustrated.

I did try several files but the result is always the same. I even tried a file that previously worked ok.

I'm going to try installing both versions on my old laptop to see if they work on that.

I also checked my version of Java which is the latest available update.

I'm not going to give up yet because when Roxio works it works well so if you have any other suggestions I would be most appreciative.

Thrashing about while trying to fix something can create more problems than it solves ;)

Let's try a procedure to remove all remnants and do a very clean install -_-

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...
(Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!)

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure nothing is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I realize that is a lot to cover (I would print it and check them off as I go) but it is something we try when other 'tricks' are getting us nowhere :D