• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
dbdigital

Roxio Easy Vhs To Dvd 3 Winxp Startup Errors

Question

I have WinXP SP3 - Just installed Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 (installed without USB device connected). Plugged in USB device - all WIndows balloons came up and showed device installed and ready to use.

When launching the software, it did some video scan testing and then errors (like in attached file Error1) came up and then a 2nd error popped up related to C++ (see attached file Error2)

I have tried a REPAIR after stopping my AV from running and restarted - same results.

Help!

P.S. I do have Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 also installed :):(

post-126571-0-17277400-1434420169_thumb.png

post-126571-0-88194500-1434420368_thumb.png

5 answers to this question

Make sure that with the device plugged in you have these entries in your Device Manager!

post-39730-0-56524500-1434482798_thumb.jpg

Since you have creator 6, use that to Test it with the Device plugged in:

post-39730-0-00753000-1434482313_thumb.jpg

I show both of the devices in Device Manager as indicated and both say "working properly".

When I ran DVD Builder it said I had to configure the device so I went into Advanced Settings and while it sees Composite Video it does not see any audio (see screen shot 1).

And afterward I get the error in the 2nd attached file.

I never see the video from the running 8mm camera hooked up showing on the DVD builder screen.

I have checked the video/audio out of the camera on a TV to confirm it is working properly.

I have WinXP SP3

When I try the Real Time Recording option, it says it can't detect a video capture device (see 3rd attached file).

post-126571-0-71742200-1434497004_thumb.png

post-126571-0-01522300-1434497013_thumb.png

post-126571-0-42915100-1434497697_thumb.png

Edited by dbdigital

When Windows says "The Device is working properly"... It means absolutely nothing!

Plug in the device and delete both entries in the Device Manager. Remove the Device, reboot and follow the repair procedure.
(I know you said you did this, but it needs to be done again in this order)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I tried that again and no luck - so I installed the product on my daughters Win7 Pro 64bit laptop and it works! As I only need this to convert some to get it off my honey-do list, I will just use that PC.

My XP machine has been around since 2007 and with all the updates/installs/etc I can't expect that a few hiccups won't occur.

I appreciate your help and I'm off to the races.