Sign in to follow this  
Bob Barker

Green Screen Problem

Question

Hello,

I have connected all the cable of my VCR to the USB device as requested but I can never get video on the preview screen. All I get is a green screen and sometimes the sound works for a few seconds but no more. My problem is NOT that I don't have a video signal, it is that when the program detects the tape it won't show anything. I am using an ASUS computer and am relatively sure the problem is not the USB port. If anyone know what to do please help me.

3 answers to this question

Tell us about your hookup to the VCR?

Did you try all the USB Ports on your PC?

Any other device you can try hooking up to it? Did you try all the USB Ports on your PC?

Any chance you are using PAL?

• Like 1

Thank you for replying. I have a usb logitech mouse and logitech speakers that fonction properly in other usb ports. I have tried in the different ports but it does not seem to cahnge anything. The VCR is hooked up to the roxio video capture device/adapter. I am using the three color cables (red/yellow/white). I am afraid I am not sure what PAL means so it may be that I am using it. Okay, as I was writing this I decided to verify once more if I had tried all USB port and tried other stuff and I managed to make it work! What I did is a right-clicked the icon of the program and clicked troubleshoot compatibility. Windows troubleshooted and for the first time of the many times I've tried troubleshooting with other programs it actually worked! So my problem is solved. Thank you for the answer mr. Digital Guru.

I am happy it worked but I can assure you that No Roxio program has ever needed compatibility mode to work.

PAL is a different method of presenting TV signal and was a long shot as Canada uses NTSC ^_^