frustratedgirl

Favourite Band

Question

What are your favourite bands?

Mine are in order

1) Queen

2) U2

and then there's loads more in no particular order:

Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Bob Marley, Kanye West, Metallica, Green Day, The Doors, Van Halen, Nirvana, Led Zepplin, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Eminem, Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down, Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave, Santana, Aerosmith, David Bowie, Scissor Sisters, Cream, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, Peter Green, Gary Moore, Brian May, Roger Taylor, Freddie Mercury Franz Ferdinand (saw em live!), Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Lemar, Maroon 5, Simple Minds, Michael Jackson, Jackson 5, 2Pac, Coolio, The Game, Black Eyed Peas, Linkin Park, No Doubt, Gwen Stefani, Abba, Bee Gees, Weird Al Yancovic Fugees, Lenny Kravitz, James Blunt, The Corrs, Blondie, Phil Collins, Lighthouse Family, Queen + Paul Rodgers (saw em live!)........

29 answers to this question

What are your favourite bands?

Mine are in order

1) Queen

2) U2

and then there's loads more in no particular order:

Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Bob Marley, Kanye West, Metallica, Green Day, The Doors, Van Halen, Nirvana, Led Zepplin, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Eminem, Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down, Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave, Santana, Aerosmith, David Bowie, Scissor Sisters, Cream, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, Peter Green, Gary Moore, Brian May, Roger Taylor, Freddie Mercury Franz Ferdinand (saw em live!), Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Lemar, Maroon 5, Simple Minds, Michael Jackson, Jackson 5, 2Pac, Coolio, The Game, Black Eyed Peas, Linkin Park, No Doubt, Gwen Stefani, Abba, Bee Gees, Weird Al Yancovic Fugees, Lenny Kravitz, James Blunt, The Corrs, Blondie, Phil Collins, Lighthouse Family, Queen + Paul Rodgers (saw em live!)........

I definitely predate many on the board but I do like so many of the bands you mentioned and having been in a band for almost 19 years (another lifetime ago) I've played many of the songs from the bands you mentioned.

Now since you've asked, my fav is Grand Funk Railroad as I grew up on them but I do like Queen and the Foo Fighters as well as U2.

Just to name a few of who I've seen live (could fill a notebook and my twin still has every ticket from every concert we've attended)

Just to mention a few I've seen live, of course GFR, & Led Zep, Queen, Mott the Hoople, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Bowie, Frampton, Uriah Heep, Genesis, Black Oak Arkansas, Doobies and anyone else who's come to the Gulf Coast during between the early 70's (can't you tell) forward.

I do wish I could have seen Weird Al live but each time he's come, they don't make announcements but I have all his cd's.

So much for the oldies.

ps. you should have started a poll :):huh::D

That's a cool thing Paul.I grew up in Detroit and can remember seeing Grand Funk before they changed their name to Grand Funk.I can't remember what it was (getting old and the memory just isn't the same).We used to go to the Roostertail club on the Detroit river and see lots of bands.Grank Funk,Bob Seger,Mitch Ryder (who by the way went to my high school and played our senior prom).And of course all the Motown bands,the Supremes,the Temptations,Martha Reeves,Stevie Wonder.I actually went to the J.Geils concert that was recorded and put out as a live album(Full House).I've seen so many bands I can't even begin to list em.

One of the best concerts I ever saw was Supertramp at the Ford auditorium,sounded as close as you can get to an album recording as I've ever heard.

Some of my fav's-Supertramp,Crosby,Stills & Nash,Clapton,Santana.Newer bands-Flipsyde,Black Rebel Motorcycle Club,Bare Naked Ladies,and Train to name a few

Oh and I forgot to throw in one from down your way-The Radiators.

Edited by tbrewst

That's a cool thing Paul.I grew up in Detroit and can remember seeing Grand Funk before they changed their name to Grand Funk.I can't remember what it was (getting old and the memory just isn't the same).We used to go to the Roostertail club on the Detroit river and see lots of bands.Grank Funk,Bob Seger,Mitch Ryder (who by the way went to my high school and played our senior prom).And of course all the Motown bands,the Supremes,the Temptations,Martha Reeves,Stevie Wonder.I actually went to the J.Geils concert that was recorded and put out as a live album(Full House).I've seen so many bands I can't even begin to list em.

One of the best concerts I ever saw was Supertramp at the Ford auditorium,sounded as close as you can get to an album recording as I've ever heard.

Some of my fav's-Supertramp,Crosby,Stills & Nash,Clapton,Santana.Newer bands-Flipsyde,Black Rebel Motorcycle Club,Bare Naked Ladies,and Train to name a few

Oh and I forgot to throw in one from down your way-The Radiators.

Grand Funk, named after the Grand Trunk Railroad in Flint, MI was Terry Knight and the Pack. Mr. Knight suffered from being a major weenie if you get my drift.

The Radiators are back in N.O. playing soon I see. Funky!

Edited by pcostanza

After Detroit I moved to Saginaw which is around 30 miles from Flint,saw that band alot.And right on with the Pack answer,I just couldn't remember.

Id have to say anything 70's 80's with a few of todays added in,

1. Pink Floyd

2. George Thorogood

3. Rolling stones

4. CCR

5. Dr Hook

Id have to say anything 70's 80's with a few of todays added in,

1. Pink Floyd

2. George Thorogood

3. Rolling stones

4. CCR

5. Dr Hook

Dr. Hook-one of my favorite songs years and years ago was Sylvia's Mother. Still like it. Quite a variety there from Pink Floyd to Dr. Hook. :)

Hey Paul,

Dr Hook did lots of good gigs, and songs...

Cover of the rolling stones

Next time baby

Silvias mother

Sexy eyes

Sharing The Night Together

and one of my most liked one... - Walk right in

And yer, iv got alsorts of songs taste... i like hard rock right to Dire Straits

Edited by rydall2000

I know some people may not be MSN fans but one of the cool features of MSN Messenger is the "What I'm Listening to" feature.It let's you set you're personal message to show what you are listening to on WMP.There are also plugins for other players.

I know I often see others listening and then listen myself.I've found quite a few good tunes that way.Of course they have to be in your contact list to see them,but after I catch a good tune I usually message them to say thanks for turning me on to that one.

I know some people may not be MSN fans but one of the cool features of MSN Messenger is the "What I'm Listening to" feature.It let's you set you're personal message to show what you are listening to on WMP.There are also plugins for other players.

I know I often see others listening and then listen myself.I've found quite a few good tunes that way.Of course they have to be in your contact list to see them,but after I catch a good tune I usually message them to say thanks for turning me on to that one.

I just might give that a try one night and check it out. I like listening to some of the upcoming bands from other areas and occassionally, find one I can stomach.

If you do make sure you go into WMP tools and turn on the Background plugin that enables it in WMP.I know you like Winamp and I'm pretty sure there's a plugin I got from their site to enable you to use it for Winamp.In fact,I just tried it and I'm sure of it.

Here's the link to it:

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144872

Edited by tbrewst

If you do make sure you go into WMP tools and turn on the Background plugin that enables it in WMP.I know you like Winamp and I'm pretty sure there's a plugin I got from their site to enable you to use it for Winamp.In fact,I just tried it and I'm sure of it.

Here's the link to it:

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144872

Thanks Terry, I'll keep that in mind. :)

Hey Paul, i take it by your comments in the posts above and by the aviator you have, that you are a musician or have been in earlier years???? :)

Hey Paul, i take it by your comments in the posts above and by the aviator you have, that you are a musician or have been in earlier years???? :)

I wouldn't call me a 'musician' but I still play the guitar occassionally. I was in a band for 19 years and went nowhere....played or tried to play lead guitar. Good times but poor times.

I was in a small highschool band and played the guitar for a wile to, but thats were it stopped, i still pick it up every now and then and have a pick at it, my wife hates it (mostly my singing....) ( She says i sound like a cat in a trash bin rolling down a hill) :):huh::D:D

Let me add a few of my favorite groups:

Renaissance (saw them several times when I was living in Poughkeepsie, NY)

Earth Wind & Fire

Michael Manring

Chuck Mangione

Peter Gabriel

Genesis

Mannheim Steamroller (not just the Christmas discs...)

New Christy Minstrels

Fred Waring and the Pennsylvanians

I have a Renaissance LP ! The Sherazade (sp) one. Still listen to it semi-frequently -- from the cd I made.

Let me add a few of my favorite groups:

Renaissance (saw them several times when I was living in Poughkeepsie, NY)

Earth Wind & Fire

Michael Manring

Chuck Mangione

Peter Gabriel

Genesis

Mannheim Steamroller (not just the Christmas discs...)

New Christy Minstrels

Fred Waring and the Pennsylvanians

I have a Renaissance LP ! The Sherazade (sp) one. Still listen to it semi-frequently -- from the cd I made.

Sheherazade is a great piece of music. The version on their "Live at Carnegie Hall" LP is my favorite.

Here's a link to the front cover artwork... Renaissance Cover

Holy Moley, you guys are all really a bunch of young wipper snappers. :huh: During my days in college, every Saturday night I would go to the "Paladium" in Hollywood and dance and listen to the "Big Bands". Still can't dance however !! :) Now there is some great music. Now if that doesn't date me, I don't know what would. :D And hey Paul, Guitar music is one of my favorites. Have you ever heard of "Tommy Emmanuel" ? This Australian dude can play a guitar like no one I have ever heard of before.

Oh, by the way, as far as the newer stuff, I am a country western music lover now. LIke Brooks & Dunn--Clint Black--Waylon Jennings--(gone now) and a whole bunch more.

Frank...

Holy Moley, you guys are all really a bunch of young wipper snappers. :huh: During my days in college, every Saturday night I would go to the "Paladium" in Hollywood and dance and listen to the "Big Bands". Still can't dance however !! :) Now there is some great music. Now if that doesn't date me, I don't know what would. :D And hey Paul, Guitar music is one of my favorites. Have you ever heard of "Tommy Emmanuel" ? This Australian dude can play a guitar like no one I have ever heard of before.

Oh, by the way, as far as the newer stuff, I am a country western music lover now. LIke Brooks & Dunn--Clint Black--Waylon Jennings--(gone now) and a whole bunch more.

Frank...

Yes Frank, I have. Don't know much about him but my music buff friend has enjoyed his 'strumming' for some time.

Can't do too much country myself but the wife drives my son nuts with it all the time.

Hey Frank,not bad with Tommy E.Good tip.

And I guess you were going before a guy named Les Paul and his new fangled gadget..the electric guitar...LOL.J/K.

Never did care for Les Paul and his friend Mary, Terry, But I do love those electric guitars. On one of Tommy Emmanuel's concerts he did in St Louis, he tell the story of when he and his brother first started playing. They ask their Dad if they could have a couple of "electric" guitars, so he mortgaged their hopuse and bought them a couple. Well when they got them the first thing they asked their Dad was "Where's the AMP, Dad". Then the story goes on from there. And Bruce, it's ROFLMAO for sure :) Tommy E. rarely has any of his concerts in the US. A few but not many. Most of them are somewhere else in the world. This guy even plays the drums on his guitar !!!

Frank........

Mary Terry? I thought it was Mary Ford. Er, not that I would know . . .

(Oops, that gave away a lot :) )

Mary Terry? I thought it was Mary Ford. Er, not that I would know . . .

(Oops, that gave away a lot :) )

Check out the coma between Mary and Terry, Brenden. The Terry I was referring to was Terry, the Digital Guru that had a reply on this post.

I guess I should have just said "I don't, or never, cared for Les Paul OR Mary" and left off the Terry part :huh:

Frank.......

Sorry Frank,

I did see it. I was just being cheeky and playing on the words.

"I guess I should have just said "I don't, or never, cared for Les Paul OR Mary" and left off the Terry part"

No, that sounds too much like the "Do you now or have you ever belonged to . . . " from the McCarthy era. :)

Do you listen to Satriani?