Zombiekill55

Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro Software Problems

Question

When i try to change my roxio profile i can only select 480i and not HD 720p because it doesn't show up. I've looked over the web and cannot find anything about this. Also i get a black preview screen and when i try to start capturing footage it creates a file that is not viewable.
post-126796-0-32878300-1435837602_thumb.png

Then i got a prompt to use ffdshow which changed me to windows 7 basic which changed the preview screen to show a purple box instead of black.
post-126796-0-57385700-1435837701_thumb.png

10 answers to this question

What gaming console are you using? (PlayStation? XBox?) And what model? It looks like you're connected using an HDMI cable?

In all cases, you have to set the output of your game console to a specific output resolution, ie: 720p. You can NOT let your game console auto-detect for the output setting when connected to the game capture device.

A couple of things you should know...

In the Profile, you will only see what is available... If you don't see the 720 it is because the device is not getting 720.

It appears there is a 'valid' signal so the black preview is a result of your Video Card - Settings or Software. (stick to defaults and things work - tinker and they don't ;) )

Is there any particular reason what you are using this ffdshow?

it installed itself when i downloaded DS:PTDE and when it asked to be used while it wasn't working i said it could be used "just this once" however it didn't change anything

it installed itself when i downloaded DS:PTDE and when it asked to be used while it wasn't working i said it could be used "just this once" however it didn't change anything

OK

and when i open Roxio sometimes i can select 720p but then sometimes i can't

Same answer, If it is present you can select, if it isn't there think of an empty shelf ;)