5 replies to this topic

#1 lbisser

lbisser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

HELP! 

I have burned my content twice, once in HD and once in normal DVD video mode, neither end product can be played on the three different machines I tested them on. Two laptops and one Blu-ray DVD player. 

I am using DVD+R discs.

my version is called Toast DVD

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

I wish this were easier...

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:29 PM

I wish it was easier, too. This is the kind of problem impossible to troubleshoot without the burned discs. For instance my brother burned a Blu-Ray video with Toast that wouldn't play on his player or the person' player for whom he made the disc. I had him send it to me and it played fine on my player. It's very odd, though, for the standard DVD not to play on your player or computer.

Maybe your optical drive is failing. Maybe it will work to set a burn speed other than Best. Maybe DVD-R media will work better.

Since Macs don't play Blu-Ray format discs, have you tried playing that with VLC Media Player?
  • lbisser likes this
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 lbisser

lbisser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

Thank you for responding!

I think it is weird that there is such guess work about DVD-R... DVD +R, but I will try that. If it was my optical drive, would I be able to view the video content before burning?  AND lastly.. whats a VLC Media Player?  :blink:

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:38 AM

Thank you for responding!

I think it is weird that there is such guess work about DVD-R... DVD +R, but I will try that. If it was my optical drive, would I be able to view the video content before burning?  AND lastly.. whats a VLC Media Player?  :blink:

It shouldn't matter if it is +R or -R but there was a time when some players didn't like one or the other. I haven't heard of it being an issue for awhile but when grasping at straws.... 

The standard DVD-video disc you created should play in your Mac the same as any other video DVD. If yours has the default settings, inserting the disc should automatically launch DVD Player. If DVD Player is already open you should be able to select the movie in DVD Player's File menu.

When you burn a high-definition DVD there is nothing that plays it on the Mac. That is why you should go to macupdate.com and download VLC player which is free. It plays all kinds of different video formats including home-burned Blu-ray format discs. You won't get the disc's menu but can access its individual videos.

• lbisser likes this
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 MrBadidea

MrBadidea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

i'm having the exact same problem. iMac Running 10.10, Toast DVD from the App Store. Fails every time I burn a disc. I get this message:

The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = Medium Error

Sense Code = 0x0C

Write Error 

Very frustrating that this will not work and getting support is less than user friendly. 

• Banko likes this

#6 Banko

Banko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

i'm having the exact same problem. iMac Running 10.10, Toast DVD from the App Store. Fails every time I burn a disc. I get this message:

The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = Medium Error

Sense Code = 0x0C

Write Error 

Very frustrating that this will not work and getting support is less than user friendly. 

Same problem here.

Same Error code. I've managed to burn 1 DVD (I film my local Rugby matches) and it played back as if in slow motion. I changed the Recording Speed from best to x4 and that worked. Since then I've tried another with the same settings and had no joy.

Very frustrating after waiting a while fore it to encode.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Edited by Banko, 07 March 2016 - 12:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users