cra2ymonkey1

Preview Screen Out Of Sync?

Question

Hi i am wondering is the preview screen (the video of what u are recording on your pc screen) is it meant to be out of sync with whats happening on your tv screen? i am wondering because sometimes you hear my tv screen when i am recording but if the preview screen is not out of sync i could just mute the tv and hear the audio from the roxio! I hope i explained it ok for you guys :-)

18 answers to this question

And yes, the preview screen will typically be a second or two behind what's on the TV. That's the time it takes for the hardware to encode the signal it's receiving and get it over to the PC. So that delay is expected, and can't be "fixed."

You're picking up the sound from the TV on your "chat" microphone? Another solution would be to use headphones, and turn the sound off on the TV completely.

i do use headphones but if i turned the sound off from the tv completley the audio that i will be hearing from the capture card like u guys said is a couple of seconds out of sync so the audio i will be hearing will be out of sync

You need to grab your headphone output from the TV (there should be an audio-out plug, though you may need a headphone amplifier) or from your game console (if that doesn't kill the sound going to the Game Capture device).

Maybe I don't understand where you're currently plugging your headphones into. So, where do you have your headphones plugged in?

Is your laptop the source of what you're recording? Or is it what you have the RGC HD Pro connected to? I don't recall your setup, so just saying, "my laptop" doesn't help.

i took photos off my setup

post-123936-0-42377000-1436546818_thumb.jpg

My RGCHP

post-123936-0-23572700-1436546885_thumb.jpg

my Hdmi cable one connected to tv the other connected to my xbox 360

post-123936-0-70305400-1436546948_thumb.jpg

My laptop with the usb cable connected from Roxio to my asus notebook/laptop

post-123936-0-16799000-1436547064_thumb.jpg

my logitech headset plugged into an audio jack on my laptop

I hope this helps :-)

Okay... so, if I understand your pictures, your laptop is doing the recording of your game play, so the audio is delayed coming out of your laptop. Is that right?

So, why not mute the audio coming out of your laptop, and turn up your TV? Or, take an audio signal from your TV (look around, there's probably a stereo, 1/8" jack labeled "audio out" on your TV), which is in sync with your game play, and use that for your headphones? (You may need a headphone amplifier between the TV and your headphones.) I would think you'd want to listen to only the sync'd sound while your playing.

Does your TV have a headset jack (mine does).

How are you connected from the RGC unit to your TV (Component or HDMI cable)?.

Edited by ogdens

i use hdmi and i will try to be more adventurous doing it. I don't think the subs i have right now get annoyed with hearing the audio coming from tv sometimes cause they haven't said anything and its only when the character speaks quite loud. its me that gets annoyed when i re-watch it :lol: i have 79 subs at the moment