Yutaka

Okay Lets Try This And See If I Can Get Some Help.

Question

There that is what is happening.

Just for reference.

MY PC DOES MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIRED SPECS SO PLEASE STOP THIS CHARADE OF SAYING IT DOES NOT.

Roxio HD pro requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:

- Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM
- Dual Core 2.3 GHz above is recommended for 1080 30p/60i recording.
- The product is also Windows 8 ready.
- DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card or higher, sound card
- 2GB free hard drive space for installation. 10+ GB free recommended for video recording.
- Windows Media Player 11 or higher
- Internet explorer 7 or 8
- Internet connection required for capture, live streaming, registration, product updates and tutorials. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility
- Internet upload speed for Live Streaming: 1.5 Mbps. 2.5 Mbps above is recommended
- 720p live stream requires at least 4.5 Mbps internet upload speed.
- One available USB 2.0 port

My Intel celeron dual core of 2.16ghz on each core is equal if not better then a core 2 duo 1.8ghz, i have 4gb ram to the required 2gb. The card worked perfectly for me for 3 months please stop using this "Oh your system is underpowered" damage control, the proof is on my youtube my first capture was of resident evil revelations 2 that was 3 months ago on my youtube channel. Every video since then had been captured with the roxio. I just want to be able to use this thing again without being out of 100 bucks i spent on it. Also im sorry for "bumping" up a post but it was relevant because what was happening to that CUSTOMER is also happening to me. Hopefully i get help (seeing as how im now being moderated for expressing myself to another user that hes not the only one with the problem).

I have turned all my firewalls etc off and run the repair on the disc, it didn't help.

I have run chkdsk /r on my c drive, didnt work.

I have REFORMATTED MY WHOLE LAPTOP TO FACTORY SETTINGS, didn't work.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed if this thread ever sees the light of day.

5 answers to this question

Wrong!!!

There is more to computers than Numbers... You don't meet the requirements and it has been explained to you.

You don't want to accept that, but that is the way it is... And you were placed on moderation because you don't listen and keep posting all over the board...

I keep posting all over the board because i need some HELP! It worked fine before you saying there are more to computers than numbers isnt helping, plus if that were the case why would corel even post system requirements if numbers aren't everything as you put it.

So it worked fine, now it doesnt work. So you chalk it up to my system not being powerful enough? Then it shouldn't have worked in the first place right?

Is there someone from roxio i can talk to? I just want some help every attempt i make at it you seem more interested in either damage control for the product or being right rather then giving me some actual help.

Edited by Yutaka

Wrong!!!

There is more to computers than Numbers... You don't meet the requirements and it has been explained to you.

You don't want to accept that, but that is the way it is... And you were placed on moderation because you don't listen and keep posting all over the board...

You have not explained anything you just keep saying i dont meet the requirements when i do lol. You just don't have any answers for me so your doing some damage control by moderating my forums account (Which i paid for upon purchase of my capture card) you are very unprofessional and ive contacted corel support for help with my problem since you cant help. Also at this point i feel im just being harassed by you. At this point im sure the card is busted so hopefully corel does the right thing and sends me a new one or repairs mine. But you would rather blame it on the user correct? You have a god complex you think everyone is an idiot, every post i have read you treat people like they are stupid. Ive done all your magical fix me ups for the card and the problems persists so im assuming thats why you keep going on about me not having the right system requirements, you cant even admit that you were wrong or that the card might just be busted, for god sakes its a 2012 card, technology isn't perfect sometimes it does break without cause you know. Ive also contacted corel on your harassment towards me as well. Weather you approve this post or not doesn't matter cause i only intend for you to see it anyway.

Edited by Yutaka

Again you are wrong on some of your assumptions. You paid absolutely nothing to be in this forum since these forums have nothing to do with whether you bought a Roxio product or not. Then the Celeron is defintely below the requirements as specified by Roxio. A celeron is inferior to a Pentium and do the Intel 2 Core whether you want to belive that or not. The quoted speeds don't mean that much since the Celeron has several features missing such as a much lower internal L2 cache.

Good luck with getting a replacement from Roxio and with your inferior Celeron

I have turned all my firewalls etc off and run the repair on the disc, it didn't help.

I have run chkdsk /r on my c drive, didnt work.

I have REFORMATTED MY WHOLE LAPTOP TO FACTORY SETTINGS, didn't work.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed if this thread ever sees the light of day.

You're correct, regardless of your system specs, it shouldn't crash like that. And, as you've stated, you've successfully captured using that PC before.

After you reformatted your system and reloaded it, did you let Windows install all of the updates Microsoft has available? If so, any chance you'd be willing to try it again, and then try loading up the Game Capture software and testing it before applying all of the Windows updates?

Have you tried using different USB ports on your laptop?

Another thing to check would be for any driver updates for your laptop. Check the laptop manufacturers site for updates, specifically as they apply to the video and motherboard.