wellhousen

Roxio Sound Editor Sold Separately?

Question

Hello --

I have purchased Corel Video Studio x8 and Paintshop Pro and would like the sound editor from Roxio -- Is there a way to only purchase the sound editor module of Roxio?

Thank you --

Michael

4 answers to this question

Hello --

I have purchased Corel Video Studio x8 and Paintshop Pro and would like the sound editor from Roxio -- Is there a way to only purchase the sound editor module of Roxio?

Thank you --

Michael

Roxio sells two stand alone capture and organize audio programs; but not Sound Editor.. Have you used Sound Editor in the past and does that meet your needs or do you need something slightly more sophisticated? For my audio editing I always liked Gold Wave (free trial available). Audiaity is free. and pretty powerful.

What do you need it for -- what do you plan to do with it?

Edited by sknis

Mr. Guru --

Thank you for your alacritous response.

Well, I have used the sound editor previously and in particular wanted to use the cross-fade and merging aspects of this application.

Are these features available in the products you recommended -- especially the free application.

Thanks again --

Mike

Try them, I think you'll like them. I have never used Audacity but it should have the cross fade and merging of tracks. I used Gold Wave to clean up my music. It has all the tools but it is not free.

If you had Sound Editor and it worked for you, did you look to see if it was available to you from the old version of whatever you had?