JonnyChingas

Easy Vhs To Dvd 3 Plus, Os Windows 8.1, Curshes Sometimes

Question

Greetings-

I am using the Easy VHS to DVD 3 plus to record interviews at my work. I have a camera and two microphones connected to capture device and then to the USB port of my laptop (Windows 8.1). Sometimes the program crashes during the interviews and wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Make sure that your laptop exceeds the minimum requirements by a lot ! .Any pause or other break in the stream to the USB device will cause the program to STOP.

What error messages do you see? If you don;t get one, look at Windows even manager and look at anything you see there.

You may be the only one that is doing a direct record rather than one from prerecorded tape. Gamers do it all the time so you may want to look for clues in those sections of the forum.

Rememner that we are users and not Tech Support so sometimes you have to help yourself.

The cd is Roxio EASY VHS to DVD 3 PLUS and it says on cd that it is compatible to Windows 8, windows 7, windows Vista, and Windows XP. I have windows 8.1. Guess that is covered to it's compatibility to windows 8.

I have tried for several days. Many hours. Don't know much about computers, but I e-mailed Corel Customer Support and I have done everything that they instructed and I still am unable to get a video signal.

I don't know what happened to my post from earlier. But, here it is again, here are my laptop specifications, I don't know much about computer either, so if you have time please take a look to make sure it excess the requirements. Yes, I am using the Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, I even changed my profile picture to the case that it came in with. You are correct it is compatible with Win 8, just don't know why it crashes sometimes. Will look for the error codes.

Product Features
Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system preinstalled

Upgrade to Windows 10 for free** - it's easy. Learn more about Windows 10 ›

5th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-5010U processor

Features a 3MB L3 cache and 2.1GHz processor speed.

Intel® Core™ i3 processor

Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing. Intel® HD graphics provide extra graphics power for your laptop when you need it.

6GB DDR3L SDRAM

For multitasking power.

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

Create custom DVDs and CDs.

15.6" WLED-backlit high-definition touch screen

With 1366 x 768 resolution makes navigation simple and showcases movies, games and Web content in crisp detail.

750GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)

Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.

Intel® HD Graphics 5500

Feature shared video memory for clear images. HDMI output enables flexible connectivity.

Front-facing VGA webcam

With an integrated digital microphone makes it easy to video chat with loved ones.

Digital media reader

Supports SD format.

1 USB 3.0 port and 2 USB 2.0 ports

For fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity.

Built-in 1x1 high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)

Connect to the Internet without wires.

Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN

With RJ-45 connector for simple wired Web connection.

Weighs 5.34 lbs. and measures just 1.01" thin

For easy portability. Full-size, island style keyboard with numeric keypad enables comfortable typing and simple data entry.

HP finish in black licorice

Creates a sleek appearance.

Software package included

With CyberLink PhotoDirector, CyberLink PowerDirector, CyberLink Power Media Player and more. Includes 1-month trial of Microsoft Office 365.

Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

**Offer valid for qualified Windows devices for one year after Windows 10 upgrade availability. Windows 10 features vary by device. See www.windows.com/windows10specs for details

M Ramage: make sure your video source output is good, plug it to a TV to make sure you have a picture before you try to make a copy. Also, try a different USB port on your computer. I had the same problem earlier and that's what I did. Now my problem is that the system/program crashes in the middle of my recordings. My video input comes from a camera and the audio from microphones, so the video source is not the same as yours. I am assuming you are making VHS copies to DVD. Good luck to you as well..