M Ramage

Newbie With Vhs To Dvd Problem

Question

I am a new member and do not know how to start a new question. Hope this works. I purchased the Roxio VHS to DVD 3 plus. Installed the cd software. I get message "NO VIDEO SIGNAL". I have tried with two different workable VCR's connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the cd. I turned my firewall off. I used different cables (new cables to connect VCR to the Roxio Video capture usb. I contacted Corel Support and as requested, I e-mailed pictures of my cables and connections to VCR and computer. They advised it was set up correctly.

I have a relatively new computer with windows 8.l and lots of memory.

Corel has evidently given up on me because they no longer reply to my e-mails.

There is nothing wrong with my VCR's. Both are operable and I have tried each one, (RCA and Magnavox).

I have dozens of VHS home movies that I want to transfer to DVD's.

I continue to get the message "NO VIDEO SIGNAL." I here no sound either.

Please help.

4 answers to this question

Jim, I haven't answered back because I took the program and VCR to my son-in-law who installed it on his computer and it worked. He had windows 10. He just brought it all back to me and downloaded windows 10 on my computer that had windows 8.1. The problem that I had with the message "NO Video Signal" is gone. When I press play on my VCR, I get video and audio and can preview the VHS tape. I selected "Record DVD", pressed play on my VCR, video appeared, I gave it a title, selected the disc drive "D:/PLDS DVD-RW DH16ACSH JL3B (that automatically came up as the destination drive). I was able to select the Quality Level but nothing else on the screen after that. The START RECORDING button on the Easy VHS to DVD3 computer screen is pale in color and does nothing when clicked.

I followed all instructions, but nothing recorded on my DVD, as I suspected, because the "RECORD" button was not recognized by my computer or the program or something.
Your suggestions will be appreciated.

What must I do to get it to work with my D Drive where my DVD disc is placed.

FYI: Corel/Roxio does not support Win 10 for this products, so you are our guinea pig :D

The Record-Edit-Save is the method 99.99% of us use. The other way is full of pitfalls most of which are worse than what you are seeing -_-