I used Easy VHS to DVD Plus 3 on a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 with no trouble. However I received the free Windows 10 upgrade and now I can't see the entire screen as portions are cut off. Also I can't seem to capture to a file. The hardware appears to pick up video and audio.

I don't see a download of software available on this site. Am I out of luck?

You don't have the required settings for your display...

1024 X 768 32bit minimum

96 DPI ~ (Control Panel – Display – Smaller – 100% (default))

Thanks Jim_Hardin

My display settings were already set higher than the minimum you suggested, but I bumped them to the maximum 2160 x 1440 and it seems to help the display issues. But it won't see any drives on my Surface, not even the boot drive. This makes me think Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus 3 is not ready for Windows 10.

Yes it is but you need to go with the required settings at least at the start... The 96dpi is the most important.

You did not tell us you had a Surface. You are the first I have heard of using one.

Can you do some screen shots and post them? HERE

How many drives do you have on that?

DId you have Win 8 on it and upgrade? Clean install or upgrade? (assuming Win 7 or 8 before)

Did it work OK before?

Don't be stingy with info, there is no extra change for typing here -_-

Nuts!!! just remembered that EVD is not on the list for Win 10! HERE

We can try but the odds are not looking good :mellow:

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Nevermind. I had used it only once under Windows 8.1 and I forgot the steps I took to make it capture video from the VCR.

It looks like I used the "Record DVD" button and of course there are no DVD drives on a Surface Pro 3! I just tried it again using the "Record, Edit and Save" and it started capturing to the SSD drive. So it looks like it might work after all under Windows 10.

I just started a VHS to disk capture and I will repost to let you know if it worked out okay.

Dale

It cannot capture a DVD from a Drive! Never could...

It "Captures" only from the Roxio Capture USB Device!

What Record DVD does is capture, from the device, and write a DVD as it goes. It has some cool options but in the end is so loaded for failure that none of us use it :(

I 'suspect' that it will run under Win 10 but we have seen other Roxio Software run for a time then fail when used with a Win Version that it was not intended for :wacko:

Brendon is our resident expert at keeping old software running on new OS's but I don't think he is going to run Win 10 -_-

No you misunderstood my post. It was looking for a DVD drive to capture TO not FROM. The Surface Pro 3 has no DVD drive to write to.

I was able to capture video to a file on the Surface Pro's C drive (the boot SSD). Are you saying that there will likely be no Windows 10 support. It sounds like you are saying this is old technology on the way out. Would I be better off with the Pinnacle device?

Dale

No it is not old technology, it just does not yet have a patch to makes it totally compayible with W10.

Capturing to a video file is the best method.

No you misunderstood my post. It was looking for a DVD drive to capture TO not FROM. The Surface Pro 3 has no DVD drive to write to.

I was able to capture video to a file on the Surface Pro's C drive (the boot SSD). Are you saying that there will likely be no Windows 10 support. It sounds like you are saying this is old technology on the way out. Would I be better off with the Pinnacle device?

Dale

Yes I did not read it that way!

Most likely there will be a patch for Win 10 but for now just keep in mind that YOU chose to make it obsolete by upgrading your OS before seeing if there was an update to the software.... ;)

Your statement "Brendon is our resident expert at keeping old software running on new OS's but I don't think he is going to run Win 10" is what confused me. I interpreted it to mean the EV2D software was old and there would not likely be a Win 10 fix.

Secondly it wasn't that I chose the time for the update to Win10 as Microsoft thrusts it on you without warning. It appears Microsoft's policy is to make Is upgrades a part of Windows Update. Even though I requested it to be delayed it applied it anyway. I wasn't happy about it but once it was into it I didn't want to risk corrupting my computer by crashing the update.

The other reason I thought EV2D might not be supported is the fact the Windows version is missing from the download site. The Mac version is there but not Windows.

No, No & No...

What Brendon does or his motives are none of our business!

Just found out today that there will likely be a Win 10 update But only for EVD 3.

You mentioned EVD2 in your last post but have posted in the EVD 3 Forums???

You have set your Windows Update to Automatic... The default is 'Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them'. Again, self inflected :lol:

Lastly how can you possibly think that anything MAC has anything to do with anything PC :huh: They are completely different operating systems and nothing from one will work on the other :wacko:

Jim_Hardin

Your responses are more helpful if you first read what I post carefully instead of trying to prove some level of false superiority.

I did not post EVD2 as you indicated. I posted EV2D as a short form of Easy VHS TO DVD. I have the Plus 3.

Also do not post any reference to Brendon if what he does is not anyone's business. Post only helpful not confusing advice. I have no idea who Brendon is!

In addition you jumped to conclusions again about my reference to the lack of a download link for Easy VHS to DVD Plus 3. Many software companies elect to not provide ongoing support for an obsolete product by removing download links to that product. I certainly know the difference between Windows and Mac. It is not unheard of for a company to decide to support one or the other.

And yes I chose to have automatic updates because many vulnerabilities are revealed when updates are announced. So I choose to not fall victim to those vulnerablities. Again your comment was not only unnecessary but unhelpful.Given Roxio had plenty of time to test and release Windows 10 compatible versions prior to the release of Win 10 further fueled the notion that perhaps this product was heading for the scrap heap. I've had no problems with any other software under Win 10.

In the future I suggest that you stick to helpful comments only. And it's perfectly acceptable to not comment at all if you have nothing constructive to say.

Dale

• Like 1

Your statement "Brendon is our resident expert at keeping old software running on new OS's but I don't think he is going to run Win 10" is what confused me. I interpreted it to mean the EV2D software was old and there would not likely be a Win 10 fix.

Secondly it wasn't that I chose the time for the update to Win10 as Microsoft thrusts it on you without warning. It appears Microsoft's policy is to make Is upgrades a part of Windows Update. Even though I requested it to be delayed it applied it anyway. I wasn't happy about it but once it was into it I didn't want to risk corrupting my computer by crashing the update.

The other reason I thought EV2D might not be supported is the fact the Windows version is missing from the download site. The Mac version is there but not Windows.

is it your Reading issues or your Memory that is getting you confused???

Perhaps you might want to stop jumping to false conclusions and not make up your own abbreviations.

But don't worry about me, I won't waste another keystroke on you :lol:

Best of luck!

I love all the back and forth on the Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus hereafter called EV2D3. I upgraded to Windows 10 also and the EV2D3 program stopped working (it had been operating just fine). I contacted customer support and was told that EV2D3 was not compatible with W10-OS. Then I was told, sorry there is nothing we can do and this conversation is over....nice customer service! Here is the e-mail reply I got:

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 and Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus are currently not compatible with Windows 10. For a list of Windows 10-compatible Corel/Roxio products, please click on the link below.

http://www.corel.com/corel-and-windows-10/

We have no information yet if or when an update for Windows 10 compatibility will become available eventually. Do visit the Roxio prouducts website regularly to keep informed on the latest update release.

I will now be closing this case ticket. Should you have any other Roxio-related concerns moving forward, you may create a new case ticket to contact us again. We will be happy to assist.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

Antonio

Corel Customer Support Services

I have requested return instructions and a full refund. I can't believe that Corel/Roxio could be so incmpetant as tpo not have a product ready for Windows 10..The tail does not wag the dog. I find the forum very defensive and not honest about the facts.

GusA

Edited by GusA
  • Like 1

I love all the back and forth on the Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus hereafter called EV2D3. I upgraded to Windows 10 also and the EV2D3 program stopped working (it had been operating just fine). I contacted customer support and was told that EV2D3 was not compatible with W10-OS. Then I was told, sorry there is nothing we can do and this conversation is over....nice customer service! Here is the e-mail reply I got:

I have requested return instructions and a full refund. I can't believe that Corel/Roxio could be so incmpetant as tpo not have a product ready for Windows 10..The tail does not wag the dog. I find the forum very defensive and not honest about the facts.

GusA

What did Microsoft say when you contacted them about Windows 10 "breaking" your Easy VHS to DVD3 Plus?

Hopefully you can get a refund from Roxio.

PS to my post:

Roxio/Corel should notify the customer if and when there will be a patch or upgrade to EV2D3. The statement that "check back often to see if there is an update" just doesn't cut it. What's wrong with you people?

GusA

• Like 1

To Digital Guru: I don't think Microsoft "broke" my program...it was born defective and not ready for the fast moving digital world we live in. I hope you were just kidding....

GusA

Gus -- How about this for honesty ---- You will not get answers to give you satisfaction or pity on this forum. We are users just like you and no one works for Cyberlink/Roxio except if it is in their signature.

Remember that you chose to upgrade to Windows 10. I still run Windows 8.1 on my laptop and it runs fine. I have W-10 on another computer and I don't see much of a difference between the two (do you?). Have you thought about returning your computer to Windows 7 or 8 depending on what you had. Expecting Corel/Roxio to upgrade an OLD program is like expecting Android 4 plus upgrades for a very old Android (1 or 2) smart phone. It can't be done for technical issues. This is pretty much the same the old software cannot be upgraded because of some .dll and subroutines. It is too expensive to do so for the few owners who still use that earlier program.

As for the refund, how long have you owned VhS to DVD 3 (or plus)? What did you pay for it and who did you buy it from?

I realize you feel this will be "defensive" though I have no reason to be defensive because neither I, nor most folks responding to posts here work for Roxio. But upgrading to a new version of Windows is a choice which can obviously leave you with programs that no longer work. As you said, you had a fully working version of EV2D3. You elected to upgrade to Windows 10.

We aren't privy to whether or not Corel/Roxio is/has been working on a version of EV2Dx that is compatible with W10. But, you chose to get the upgrade, and it broke your program, which had been working fine. This isn't the first time that a new version of Windows has been incompatible with existing versions of programs. If a newer version of EV2Dx comes out, I'm quite convinced it will be a purchased "upgrade" not a free "update."

EV2D3 was not, "born defective". It came out well before Windows 10. It works well with Windows 7, 8, 8.1... unfortunately, there are too many changes going to 10 for it to work.

I find it to be a poor business practice on the part of Roxio to continue to sell a product that they do not plan to support. For that I am returning it for a full refund. I will warn everyone I know to stay away from their products.

As far as this forum is concerned I find it to be a haven for trolls who want nothing more than to stoke their egos instead of assisting others with issues.

Like it or not Microsoft has adopted a new way to upgrade the OS by making it part of Windows update. Roxio EV2DP3 is the ONLY software I have not supported on Windows 10 and I'm not about to let one app that is not critical dictate what I do on operating system upgrades.

Roxio needs to understand what it takes to be in the software business. You have the following choices:

1. Upgrade the product to be compatible
2. Discontinue the product in favor of a go forward product and provide your customers a path to transition
3. Go out of business

Failure to do either 1 or 2 will result in 3.

Dale

I put my statement in bold and red for the reading impaired. It does not say Roxio EV2DP3 is the only software that is not supported on Windows 10.

Edited by Dale Chamberlain

EV2D launched in 2010 how can one build software to be compatible with a future OS.

You elected to upgrade to Windows 10 now you have to live with your upgrade decision.

Don't act like this is the only software that won't run on W-10 that is absurd.

I find it to be a poor business practice on the part of Roxio to continue to sell a product that they do not plan to support. For that I am returning it for a full refund. I will warn everyone I know to stay away from their products.

As far as this forum is concerned I find it to be a haven for trolls who want nothing more than to stoke their egos instead of assisting others with issues.

Like it or not Microsoft has adopted a new way to upgrade the OS by making it part of Windows update. Roxio EV2DP3 is the ONLY software I have not supported on Windows 10 and I'm not about to let one app that is not critical dictate what I do on operating system upgrades.

Roxio needs to understand what it takes to be in the software business. You have the following choices:

1. Upgrade the product to be compatible

2. Discontinue the product in favor of a go forward product and provide your customers a path to transition

3. Go out of business

Failure to do either 1 or 2 will result in 3.

Dale

I am sure those that hear your warnings will consider the source :lol:

1. They said they are going to...

2. You actually think they should abandon all their user who did not volunteer to upgrade and make their own software obsolete :huh:

3. Not likely but in this day and age anything is possible -_-

It's obvious I am talking to a stone wall here. You know its not like I'm expecting them to support a completely different operating system like some weird variation of Linux. It is Windows and the upgrades are coming as updates now. Get used to it.

I am not expecting a product introduced 5 years ago to work on different versions of the same OS IF THE PRODUCT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED <<<<< MY POINT HERE!!!! But I would also not expect them to be still selling an unsupported product...that is bad business.

Don't say that you support a product but you don't support a particular version of a supported OS. I bought this piece of crap from Office Depot 2 weeks ago. I expected it to not be a version that was developed 5 years ago!!! Can you get that point through your heads????

And if you support the product but the version I bought doesn't work on the newest version of the OS, then you come out with a version of the product that does....That's what successful software businesses do!

Anyway I am done with this useless product and this useless forum.

Take it back to Office Depot; they will accept it back if it doesn't work. They sold you an old product. Did you ask? Did you look on the side of the box to see what operating systems are supported? Here are the requirements: Print them off and use it to make your point at Office Depot.

Good luck.

Thanks sknis,

I just returned from Office Depot and they took it back with no issues. I also let them know they have an old unsupported product on their shelves, but I doubt they will do anything about it.

Now I am searching for an alternate, supported solution.

Dale