24 replies to this topic

#1 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Is there a time out feature on this? If I try to author a Blu Ray over 15 GB in size the program quits before it finishes rendering the movies. Works fine on smaller projects.

Help please!

I run an IBM with Win 8.1. i7-4930k@ 3.4 GHz. 64 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

Please provide us with the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer   (link to instructions)

Laptop or desktop?  Are you watching the CPU use during the encoding?  Are you watching the temperatures to make sure it is not overheating and shuts down

Are you getting any error messages?  Have you tried to make an ISO file or folder set?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:58 AM

Please provide us with the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer   (link to instructions)

Laptop or desktop?  Are you watching the CPU use during the encoding?  Are you watching the temperatures to make sure it is not overheating and shuts down

Are you getting any error messages?  Have you tried to make an ISO file or folder set?

Desktop. Unit has a massive cooling system. I doubt it is heat. All I get is ans I paraphrase "VideoWave has quit working, please close program...." 
I CAN bun Blu-Rays up to about 15 GB after that the problem occurs making me think it is a time setting. Once I hit the critical mass size nothing is possible - iso or disk. It all ends in the video encoding stage.

Attached Files

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

Looks like there is a problem with "graphbuilder.dll". See the error messages at the bottom of the dxdiag text file.  Look at the Windows Events log and you may be able to find more details.

Have you tried to make an ISO or folder set to eliminate issues with burning the project?

You may be able to do a repair.reinstall  -with your antivirus OFF (not just paused) to get all the .dll properly registered.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

#5 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:28 AM

How do I do a repair install? I downloaded the product.

#6 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

How do I do a repair install? I downloaded the product.

I have no idea how to screen capture in 8.1. This shows the error message

Attached Files

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

??? if your computer skills are really that bad, how do you expect to operate a complex editing program like Roxio?

Click on error message so it has the Focus

Press and hold the Shift Key, then press and release the PrtScr / SysRq key

Open MS Paint and press the Ctrl-V keys at the same time.

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,978 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:47 PM

Does this help Jim?

Attached File  1.jpg   74.78KB   0 downloads

Attached File  2.jpg   72.98KB   0 downloads

Attached File  3.jpg   90.18KB   0 downloads

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#9 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

I figured it out. I had to turn off Roxio AVC Smartencode and switch to software rendering. My apologies for not knowing how to screen capture in 8.1, I've only just started to use it. I don't edit in Creator I use it for producing Blu-Rays. I edit in Creative Cloud bu they no longer support disk authoring. Their loss and Roxio makes a sale.  

Cheers and thanks! 

#10 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:00 AM

PS I trialed many authoring software programs and Creator came the closest to what I wanted. Still not super customize able and too much plug and play but survivable.

#11 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,963 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

What do you mean by "plug and play"? What do you want to customize? There are quite a few "experts" here who might be able to show you how to do it. :)

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:21 AM

PS I trialed many authoring software programs and Creator came the closest to what I wanted. Still not super customize able and too much plug and play but survivable.

Yes, you are not using the Plug and Burn "feature" are you?

As Walt said the Group knows how to milk the most out of Roxio and know the things that are not possible...

Don't have 8.1 install but doesn't Prt Scr or Alt Prt Scr do what it always did?

Also NXT 3 comes with Corel's PSP X6 which allows several options of screen capture as well as an excellent editor ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 02 September 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#13 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

Most of my Blu-Ray products are season copies, very basic stuff.  Or multimedia presentations, more complex and requiring a fair bit of options.

Some stuff I'd like to change:

File compatibility, when I export out of Media encoder in H.264 Bluray the program doesn't recognize the file

If I use Mpeg2 Blu Ray there are two file audio and video. The program won't let me add the audio. 

These are the two formats I use the most because of quality, storage size and of course familiarity. If there are others that are better i'm all ears.

I don't seem to be able to control the output codec that the disk is burnt with either. I'm not a fan of 24P and that seems to be my final result.

I'd like very much to be able to create a blank menu or import a pre built .psd menu in layers and work with that. Or control the number of buttons on a menu or be able to create my own button. I'm sure there is a way I just haven't figured it out yet. I can't customize chapter markers to do things like stop and wait to advance. Or designate button hierarchy or designate end jump from spots on the timeline. 

I'm sure all of this is basic for you old hands here, it sure was in my last program for me. 

As for 8.1 it is a huge change for me and I can't find the control panel half the time! LOL Just not used to it yet. My previouse 16 years of editing were all in mac but with the demise of Final Cut at the launch X I decided to get into IBM for my next unit and here I am.

Thanks for all the help. Rich

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

"...season copies..." sure sound like Copyright violations so let us move on to the multimedia presentations -_-

Change What? What Options?

Not sure I understand what "Media encoder" is, no such product in Roxio... And Nothing in the Suite produces separate audio files. Although an Authored DVD Movie will have an empty folder called Audio_TS.

VideoWave will always allow you to Add Music, Narration or any Audio File to a clip. The Error Message you get will tell us what is wrong ;)

You are correct that there is not a provision to choose a specific encoder. It is chosen for you based on your output. Almost all Commercial BD Movies are at 24 fps. It is good enough for Hollywood.

No the menus are not that customizable and I doubt they ever will be. My personal opinion concerning menus is this - people remember the video, not the menu. I feel far too much time is wasted creating menus than presenting what everyone wants to see -_- (My opinion and it does not fit everyone or apply to every condition)

For 8.1 and about all others, Win-Pause keys bring up System. In the header is the All Control Panel Items as well as at the upper left is the link to Control Pane Home...  (don't have Win 10 yet but my guess it that it works there as well.

#15 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:51 AM

"...season copies..." sure sound like Copyright violations so let us move on to the multimedia presentations -_-

You know what? Go screw your hat! I produce two TV series of 13 episodes each. Not like I need to explain to someone as rude as you! 

#16 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,802 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

Unfortunately, if there is a copyright issue suspected, then it needs to be cleared up and shown not to be an issue, otherwise, the discussion ends.  Corel can't support breaking copyright law, and if the discussion went in that direction, these boards could be shut down.  So, it's in all our interests to sort out if there is or isn't a copyright issue, even when we don't work for Corel.  If there isn't an issue, just explain it.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#17 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

You know what? Go screw your hat! I produce two TV series of 13 episodes each. Not like I need to explain to someone as rude as you! 

Sure that makes sense and you use Roxio instead of one of the commercial programs :lol:

I'll allow a reply, then we will lock this up and send it away -_-

#18 MysterC

MysterC

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

lol yikes,  I don't want to get in the way here but a VERY simple way to grab ANY part or any section of anywhere on any screen, even on mulitple monitors, is to use Snipping Tool. It's available in win7 8 and 10 and can save in several formats AND is editable with it's included marking pen.

Find it in windows accessories and attach it to your taskbar. like this  :)

ok, getting back out of the line of fire now.

Attached Files

• Attached File  WHAT.JPG   49.42KB   0 downloads

Edited by MysterC, 07 September 2015 - 05:43 PM.

ASUS Sabertooth Z87 ; Intel i7-4790k ; CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB 2133mhz ; EVGA GTX1080SC ; SoundBlaster Zx ;450gig WD Raptor II/System installed with Windows 10 64bit Pro/1TB WD Games ; 2TB WD/storage (partitioned) Programs / video ; Happuage WinTV HVR 2250 ; PC P&C 860Watt PSU (powerful single 12volt rail) ; CoolerMaster HAF 942 ; LG DVD Burner /LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner ; Thermaltake Max 4 3.5" SATA HDD Rack HotSwapabale AHCI activated ; LG W2363D 23" 3ms Full HD 120Hz 3D ; Nvidia 3D Vision Kit

#19 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

I said in my early post that I don't use Roxio to edit. I use Adobe Creative Cloud but in 2013 they abandoned Encore their disk authoring program in the belief that all digital files would be shared through the cloud. My sponsors are old school and like a set of season disks to put on the shelf. So do most potential clients. I was using 6.5 CS and didn't know about Encore until I'd converted. 

I've produced www.outdoorquesttv.com for 16 years and www.trappinginc.com now in its second season of production.

Who knew it could be so hard to burn a disk!

I'll move on and when Roxio wants to know why I don't use their program anymore, I'll send them this link.

#20 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,363 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:44 PM

1)  You would not use Video Wave to burn a disc, only to edit a video.  You would use somehting like MYDVD or DVD Builder.

2) If you just want to burn a  DVD, use the free ISOBurn to burn the disc from an ISO file or folder set.   Surely you can make one of those from the Adobe product.

3) Did you ever hear of the honey or the vinegar.   We don't work for Roxio/Corel; something in the above seem to hit a sore spot?   Care to tell us about what it was?

4) Why are you using consumer designed programs rather than more commercial. sophisticated programs.  Surely you can get your customer to pay for it. 

Laptop - Windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users