#21 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:02 AM

Did you ever hear of the honey or the vinegar
Have you? Please reread your response to me where you accused me of being crook.All I came here for was a little assistance. There is no underlying conspiracy theory. I only want to get my work done with out the hiccups caused by things like the world abandoning disk authoring. You would think it would be easy to burn a Blu-Ray in today's world. It was way easier a few years ago. I can't find a good program, sophisticated or otherwise.

It was VideoWave that was failing when encoding for the the iso or disk burn, I got that figured out on my own. I had to get creator in order to get more options in MyDVD and I believe to enable Blu-ray. That last could be wrong there has been so many programs and I'm not that good on the computer stuff.

#22 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:36 AM

Have you? Please reread your response to me where you accused me of being crook.All I came here for was a little assistance. There is no underlying conspiracy theory. I only want to get my work done with out the hiccups caused by things like the world abandoning disk authoring. You would think it would be easy to burn a Blu-Ray in today's world. It was way easier a few years ago. I can't find a good program, sophisticated or otherwise.

It was VideoWave that was failing when encoding for the the iso or disk burn, I got that figured out on my own. I had to get creator in order to get more options in MyDVD and I believe to enable Blu-ray. That last could be wrong there has been so many programs and I'm not that good on the computer stuff.

Please tell me the response number where I called you a crook.  :blink:   The response number is in the upper right of the response.

Let's start all over again.  What kind of files do you have and what do you want to do with them?    

Are the files high definition files that you want to put on blu ray or are they standard definition so that you just want to make use of the extra space.   Do you have a blu ray burner?  Are blu rays OK for your customer.

Please for now, don't post about other software if it is not critical to the above.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#23 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

Please tell me the response number where I called you a crook.  :blink:   The response number is in the upper right of the response.

Jim raised the question of copyright in post #14.  RichM_Ab got quite defensive, and I replied that copyright issues are a concern on this board and all he needed to do was to clarify what he has, so that the discussion could continue.  I think he's done that, and indeed, the discussion has proceeded, though Rich could pay closer attention to who is actually responding to him and saying what.  That said, it can be confusing to keep track of who one is responding to.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#24 RichM_Ab

RichM_Ab

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Let's start all over again.  What kind of files do you have and what do you want to do with them?    

Are the files high definition files that you want to put on blu ray or are they standard definition so that you just want to make use of the extra space.   Do you have a blu ray burner?  Are blu rays OK for your customer.

Please for now, don't post about other software if it is not critical to the above.

Files are all HD, some 4k that is unimportant at this point. I have blu-ray burners. Customers have been accepting blu-rays for 5 or 6 years. I want to be able to get a 13 episode season on a 3 disk set to maximize quality of the finished product. When I export from my editing software in H.264 Bluray or Mpeg2 Bluray I end up with a video and audio file not a combined file that holds both like Quicktime .mov files. MYDVD accepts the video half but not the audio half unless I put it in the music channel. Is this correct procedure? I have been using the same editing software for years and have not kept up on others.

#25 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Why are you using your video editing software that give you the demuxed files?  If you must use those, then you must combined them (mux) to have both the audio and the video.  Adding the audio the video in Video Wave would be correct but can lead to sync issues.  All audio channels perform the same function so you could add the audio to the music channel, the Narration channel or the sound effects channel.  You can use more than one audio channel to add comments or other narration. 

Video Wave should accept either of your H264 or mpg2 files for blu ray.  Note that the mpg2 files will be larger.  

Do all your editing in Video Wave to make life easier.

When you open Video Wave, make sure that you select "wide screen" so it will accept your high definition files and give you options for blu ray.   You should work with one at a time and OUTPUT  your edited file to h264 or mpg2.  I suggest that you do one at a time  so your computer doesn't have to work so hard.  It may also solve some sync problems (if you are muxing)

Once you have a blu ray full of outputted files, open MyDVD .  Select blu ray and select if you want a menu or not.   You can be fancy in menus or just select one simple one.  You could also make your own menu background.   Add the videos (episodes) to the menu.  You will probably have several pages of menus.   Burn (output) the project to a ISO file and when it is finished, burn the ISO (not copy) to the blu ray from the program on the Home page.  

If you mux the video and audio, you could also just archive the files to a blu ray using that part of the suite of programs.

Should I wait for an apology !    :unsure:

Edited by sknis, 08 September 2015 - 11:24 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users