kewl2bme

Unable To Select Folders To Burn

Question

When creating a data disk, I am unable to select folders, I can select single files but not folders. When I select folders it only gives me the option for desktop only.

15 answers to this question

Creator NXT2 is the version

Trying to do a data backup. When I hit the down arrow for select, I get the 'Folder -- Files'. If I select files, it will display the folder tree. If select folder, all I get is 'desktop' no tree to select from.

Edited by kewl2bme

Trying to do a data backup. When I try to select I get the 'Files Folders' option. If I select files I get a tree to select from but only for files. If I select 'Folders', I get 'Desktop' and the desktop files in the folder. no tree is displayed to select from.

Version is Creator NXT2

The steps should be from the Data/Copy tab of Creator NXT 2 Pro choose Backup and Restore.

Then Advanced Backup, then click on +Create a new backup.

Once there the add folder button at the bottom.

Now you said you have NXT 2 and did not specify NXT 2 Pro. There are differences between the two but I do not think BackOnTrack is even in the NXT 2 version.

kewltobme,

There are two distinct ways you can "do a data backup" in NXT 2. The first is 'Burn Data Disc', and the second is 'Backup and Restore'.

Because of the way you've said it, I'll guess you're using 'Burn Data Disc' Please correct me if I'm wrong.

When you're in 'Burn Data Disc' and select Add and then Folder you should see a display like this. This is in XP, and the display will be a little different in later versions of Windows.

post-208-0-36687600-1441499458_thumb.jpg

If you click on the little plus sign (+) alongside 'My Computer' a tree should be displayed showing your drives, each with a cross alongside. Clicking on those crosses will open those drives, and so on.

post-208-0-86420000-1441499754_thumb.jpg

Is this what you were looking for?

Regards,

Brendon

Well, NXT 2 isn't compatible with Windows 10 anyway.

Pity you hadn't told us more details when requested in the start - it would have saved us wasting some time..

Regards,

Brendon

One more thought before we completely abandon this, can you drag folders from the built-in Windows Explorer in Win 10 into the project? (Yes, guys, I realize NXT 2 isn't W10 compatible, but thought this is worth a shot.)

Thanks for your help... Sorry to have wasted your time and energy

's okay. We have the time and energy to try and help you so please don't let me put you off asking. It's just easier if we can get as much info as early as possible. :)

's okay. We have the time and energy to try and help you... :)

I Second! :D

Edited by Jim_Hardin