Triple_Nine

Roxio Vcc5 Converting Questions - Audio Out Of Sync

Question

I have been converting my DVD's for streaming and I have a few questions. Mainly why my audio doesn't match video after converting. Let me give you a little background...First off I have a BS in C.I.S. and I have been doing video as a hobby pretty much ever since I figured out I could copy DVD's. So, problems like these really drive me nuts and consume all my time. I'm that guy with over a thousand DVD's. I have a lifetime subscription to DVDFab and through the years have used various Roxio products to work with them after decrypting them. I have found RVC&C to be able to handle all my needs until now. I have tried all the converters out there and even considered getting a lifetime on DVDFab's converting/ripping add on. I just don't like the end product I get from converting with DVDFab and for that matter the others out there. Anyway, been using Roxio products in some form or another since Windows 3.11 (I think...I guess its been that long) and I'm not bailing out now! So...I like Roxio!

My Audio does not match my video no mater what format I convert to. There are not that many setting to change in RVC&C5 - I using software setting on rendering and have tried enabling and disabling GPU acceleration. I just want to get to the source of this issue. This does not occur with every movie some convert just fine. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the use of pathfinder in DVDFab or something of that sorts before I even get to Roxio. And this is consistent with both my laptop and desktop.

Next Issue...I using Windows 7 to stream to my Sony Blu-Ray. MPEG2 seems to be the easiest to convert and stream. I don't care about file size or bandwidth ..I want quality. MPEG4 and it's likes seem to take a lot of resources and correct me if I am wrong...I'm really just saving space with it? I did a DIVX last night and it played really nice on my laptop (Audio was still off - Alice In Wonderland). Then there is old AVI Windows Video...which I am tempted to use just to keep Bill happy. What is the best format for good quality streaming? I'm looking for near DVD quality.

I hope to get some answers...

Thanks,

James

9 answers to this question

How did DVDFab get out of the injunction by AACS concerning illegal copying of DVDs and blu rays?

What are the file types you're starting with to feed into RVC&C? If you play those, are the audio/video in sync?

I'm loading the entire DVD (Either from Disc or HD). They all play fine everywhere.

So, you're starting with .IFO/.VOB files. .VOB files are essentially .MPG2 files, and you can actually rename a .VOB file to .MP2 and it will usually play okay. But you're saying regardless of the settings you use in RVC&C, the audio and video always get out of sync? Is it a consistent amount of "out-of-sync" throughout, or does it start in sync, and get worse throughout?

How did DVDFab get out of the injunction by AACS concerning illegal copying of DVDs and blu rays?

I'm by no means an authority on the lawsuit...but I believe the industry never went after them for the technology of decrypting or sales of said technology - They went after the use of language regarding what the software is capable of in DVDFab's documentation and web site. They won...so, if you go to DVDFab's site...you won't see terms like AACS decryption. I went through a period where I wasn't even doing any video for a lot of personal reasons at the time all this was going on. So, did really follow it too much. I went to update my software after pulling my desktop out of storage (nearly two years) and my lifetime subscription was fine the software works better than ever. So, I really never thought too much about it. Now, I'm not sure if you purchase the software today what you will get...I assume it would be what I am using. Anyway...my original problem...you are the guy I was wanting to ask what's the deal. I think it is pathfinder...I have shut it off in DVDFab on my laptop and picked up Get Shorty for a test. I dumped Get Shorty on my HD and I Am Converting to WMV HD 1080 in Roxio at this moment. I think my Sony handles the WMV very well....Still a little unsure of a Standard I should stick to????

James

So, you're starting with .IFO/.VOB files. .VOB files are essentially .MPG2 files, and you can actually rename a .VOB file to .MP2 and it will usually play okay. But you're saying regardless of the settings you use in RVC&C, the audio and video always get out of sync? Is it a consistent amount of "out-of-sync" throughout, or does it start in sync, and get worse throughout?

The out of sync part is very consistent. I have not watched an entire video out of sync...but every point I have checked is off the same pace. And like I said earlier, Not every video does this...which kind of makes me look toward DVDFab. Now you just said something very interesting...that might be worth looking into. I can join all the VOB's rename it to MP2....and be on my way with no converting?

Now you just said something very interesting...that might be worth looking into. I can join all the VOB's rename it to MP2....and be on my way with no converting?

That's a theory, if you have a utility to join the VOB's, and worth a try, yes.

That's a theory, if you have a utility to join the VOB's, and worth a try, yes.

My original problem is not solved...but this workaround is exactly what I was looking for. I download Square 5 (a joining util...among other things) joined Alice In Wonderland to one VOB file. I had to rename it to "Alice In Wonderland.mpg" before Media Player was happy. Works excellent! Absolute DVD Quality sound and video! Thanks!