BrianD

Nxt Pro 3 - Maximum Video Build

Question

I had Creator 10 Suite and could burn 25 minute video of simple vacations photo (still shots) with music. It would take an hour to build, but worked. Just upgraded PC to i7 intel chip, 2 terrabyte harddrive, 12GB RAM. Fast. Now upgraded to NXT Pro 3. Trying build a 15 minute video of just photos (test out new computer and XNT Pro 3). It takes 12 minuts to save (approx 200 still shot photos right now). I can't get it to build. And when just playing the storyline its really really slow. Does play realtime, but freezes for 9-12 seconds on each photo. Machine is brand new. Nothing installed except Windows 8 OS and Roxio. QUESTION: What is maximum number of photos should I except with this configutation? Is there a preferred photo resolution/size (most of my photos are 3.4mb, some smaller from iPhone)? JPEG the ideal format? Is there anythine else I can check to speed this up. As it stands, I can't build a simple video of still shots (i.e., no video). Also, set up as 16*9, no other changes, all default configuration. If this can't be resolved, can you recomend another software solution?

5 answers to this question

Are you talking about saving your project or about exporting (rendering) to a video file? The former should only take a few seconds while the latter will of course take much longer. What is your ouput format if you are rendering to a video? 200 photos should be no problem.

First off, I have no experience with NXT Pro. I use Roxio Creator 2011. If you are merely dragging photos to the Storyline in Videowave, then I would check the duration setting for each image.

In Creator 2011 and Videowave, I believe the default setting is 6 seconds. After opening Videowave, click on the Production tab, go to Production Settings. A drop down menu opens where Slide Duration

can be set or modified. I normally readjust the setting to 8 or 9 seconds for most slide productions to account for adding a Slow Dissolve transition. Adding a transition, such as Slow Dissolve,

shortens viewing time.

There is no real limit and the 25 minute project should save in seconds!

At this point I think you should go to Control Panel - Programs and Feature and pick the NXT 3 Pro Suite (not content)

Then pick Uninstall/Change and when Roxio pane comes up, choose Repair.

That won't count against you Install Limit, and should fix things up ;)

Juat saving photos! Not to the point of building the video yet.

I don't know what you mean by "just saving photos". Can you describe step-by-step what you are doing? What are you clicking to "save the photos"?

Photos are not "saved" unless you are doing an export (render) to a video file.